Looky what I scored at the Salvation Army today

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
Bought these really nice looking speakers from the Salvation Army today, for $25 the pair, and are in very nice physical condition (my son's playing with his Lionel trains in the foreground). I couldn't wait to see what was in them, and lo and behold, each cabinet contains one Bozak B199-A speaker!

Now, I don't know a darn thing about Bozak other than the name, so two questions. First, are they any good, and secondly, were these cabinets made by Bozak or something handmade? They have no labelling on them whatsoever. TIA!

My guess is alot more then the speakers did :)

Yep, that's my 1956 color set in the background.

Andas far as the cost of speakers vs. children, I don't even have to think about that one! :eek:

Hi, Kam! Very nice score!
Rudy Bozak was one of the true originals in the industry. His drivers were made with great attention to detail and quality.
Those look like they are from the early/mid-60s, possibly even earlier. I am not a Bozak historian :( but they have earned an enviable reputation over the years.
Of course, individual preference would determine whether one would choose Altec or JBL or Bozak or Klipsch. That's the company Bozak would keep. Many of the Bozak systems were as large as any by those competitors.
Mebbe Don McR has some info?

pete

Back
Top Bottom