Lord of the Rings and Star Wars on SACD

Anarion

Hello.

Today I got my first dvd/sacd-player ever :D The only reason I purchased a new dvd player with sacd-support is because I'm hoping Howard Shore's amazing Lord of the Rings scores, and John William's equally good Star Wars scores will be released on sacd.

has anyone heard anything whether shore or williams will release these scores on sacd? If so, when? It's so frustrating having to buy crappy sacds like "yo-yo ma plays the music of john williams" just to get a taste of what sacd can do.

status of sacd

After much discussion at AK Fest, it sounded to me that the SACD format is in serious jeopardy. Sony is currently no making SACDs, just the players... go figure. Sony must back the format or it may die rather quickly. Dont get your hopes up. Sony sucks and it seems their hardware and software divisions are not on the same page. I plan to look into this further and will post what I come up with.
:thumbsdn:

I guess the average audio listener isn't interested in the quality of sacd. I think the difference between a sacd and a normal cd is amazing, but most of my friends don't notice much of a difference. Strange that sony is then willing to invest so much into (don't remember exactly) bluray/hi-def-dvd.

Williams I can listen to but I thought Shore's Rings scores sucked bigtime, overwrought, full of cliche, serviceable but that's about it, just like the films...LOL

Howard Shore may well be the thinking man's Danny Elfman, just not as fun.

You might eventually find the Star Wars music released on SACD as the OSTs were originally released on RCA, who are SACD licensees.

Highly unlikely to ever see LOTR on SACD as those OSTs were released on Reprise, a part of Warners, who are/were firmly in the DVD-A camp.

Back
Top Bottom