Lord of the Rings

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
The DVD is out and I went to pick up mine today at Block Buster and there are 2 formats, so in case you have not bought one yet and are planning to, make sure you pic up the wide screen if you don't want the sides chopped of.
WW I know this isn't about gear, yet, but there seems to be more traffic through here than General Video.
Great Shots of NZ eh, Walt?

Yes great shots of NZ.

Roughly 60% was filmed in Wellington (capital city of NZ) which is GeniX and Glenz75's home town.

FYG - Wellington is more of a town than a city ... population of 300k on a good day.

I was living in Wellington at the time it was being filmed and I recall seeing some of the cast out at the "watering holes" late at night. I'm talking Sean Astin and Liv Tyler from memory (Elijah Wood was probably turned away for looking underage!! :D ).

Strangely, I didn't really walk out of the first film feeling like I'd just witnessed something incredible, although I watched it about a month ago on cable with the HT fully enabled and it hit home much better. Not sure why ...

Looking forward to Twin Towers tho'.

:)

"FYG - Wellington is more of a town than a city ... population of 300k on a good day.'' :eek:

I live in a "city" and we only got about 30,000 people, hell I don't think the biggest city in Maine has 300,000 people in it. Of course only about 1,000,000 live in the whole state ;)

Kewl I want to see that flick!

"WW I know this isn't about gear, yet, but there seems to be more traffic through here than General Video".

Dave, I just volunteered to moderate here cause the spot was empty ya know? (Plus a budy of mine and I do a lil home theater install once in a while) I told Tim that I couldn't really keep up and if anyone wanted this spot they can have it. I don't have no stinkin "ground rules" and such. People can post what ever they like and it don't much matter to me. In fact, one of the reasons that I left AR long ago and jumped into AU was cause of silly moderators playing God. AU never had that and I think if one is a Moderator that they really shouldn't do much of anything other than in very extream cases. :)

I picked up LOTR on Tuesday myself and there were two things that bugged me. One was the serious amount of LFE data. My subs would not shut up. I just need to turn them down next time (or up as the case may abe:D ). The other is that it did not impress me as much as it did in the theaters. But I figured out my problem. A 27" Wega is a decent TV BUT it does not have the same impact as a CRT Projector with a 200" screen and prog scan. So I must wait until I am no longer a student and get me a job that pays a decent salary. Until then I will enjoy my movies as they are.

Lil strong on the LFE eh Bob? Hmmm I will have to check that out. You know though...It seems no matter what I play from DVD to CD to LP. I am always fooling with my SVS sub. I think it is just how the clowns engineer it.

Ohhh baby yea. Get thte CRT going and know the true power of home theater! :boink:

I thought I had it dialed in pretty good but the underground drum popped a dust cap loose on my left woofer. I basicaly have right at 30Hz in all 5 so I am not running a sub right now. I could have used one today. I also had a harder time dialing in the center channel speakers, turning down the bass horn and all 4 corner speakers to get the dialog. I truly for the first time wanted a larger screen, so I might move a bit closer next time I watch it. I just want a 48" wide HD with no speakers attached that are of any size. I don't watch much TV and the stuff I have cobbled together woops up on anything I have heard in a in a TV.

Back
Top Bottom