LORDE - Pure Heroine

avionic

" Black Knights "------- F-15 " Wizard "
Subscriber
Thoughts --Please opine..

Something about the "Royals" track. I can listen to this song over and over and not tire of it.

I like her - the best part, for me, is that it sounds like she actually sings.
I think the song Royals is a great pop song.

The question is whether she'll survive what I like to call the "Alanis Morrisette effect" - i.e., what can she (EDIT: Lorde, that is!) do for an encore? Ms Morrisette had a little trouble living up to the unprecedented success of Jagged Little Pill.

Last edited:
Long time since a pop song made chills run up my spine, but this one does. Really love this song...

Its impressive to actually hear a singer's voice and not a computer autotuning. She is everything that Miley Cyrus is not. Yes, its not what I would normally listen to but I gave it a listen, and another, and another...:D

Liked Royals the first time I heard it. Not since, and nothing else strikes me as interesting.

I like Royals too, but to be honest I never listened to the rest of the album, should get it on vinyl if possible!

I've listened to Pure Heroine several times and I like the album over all. Second albums always tell me if I've a new artist to watch for/follow and collect

I like "Team" a little better than Royals at least it gets added to my car CD mixes. They play Royals here a little too much so I'm sorta bunt out a little.

in new zealand i think shes not regarded as the new thing in my circle,
i think she is just another pop singer that will be forgoten about internationally in a year or two,
remember the 80s
mike

I find her no different from all the other pop singers. Her vocal range is limited and I find the quality of her voice rather rough sounding. I find her music uninteresting, although I do like the topic of "Royals." Want to hear my favorite musical discovery of the past year? Check out Rachael Price of Lake Street Dive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGhXhKdD16Y

That clown needs to keep a day job. Just saying IMO.

His day job is singer, musician, actor, announcer and a clown. He has an amazing voice and likes to perform in his clown outfit. His name is "Big Mike" Geier by the way. You should really at least give a listen but it's your loss if you don't. Cheers

I have the album actually for a quite awhile now, and I enjoy it. I think I like Florence and the Machine a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom