Los Angeles Angels...

Rex B

....of Anaheim. Opening day Tuesday @ 7:05 p.m. PT at home vs the Texas Rangers

Bartolo Colon v Ryan Drese. Go Angels... and please, hold the jeers for the "of Anaheim", gotten enough of that already ;).

Last edited:
Only live game I saw was the Angels against maybe Baltimore?. Very fun, It was a few years ago and I got to see Eddie Murray which was a lifelong dream. :banana:
Crap, I looked up his stats, it was more than just a few years ago, sheesh, I'm getting old.

VinylHanger said:
Only live game I saw was the Angels against maybe Baltimore?. Very fun, It was a few years ago and I got to see Eddie Murray which was a lifelong dream. :banana:
Crap, I looked up his stats, it was more than just a few years ago, sheesh, I'm getting old.

Talk about OLD, I remember when the Angels were called the Los Angeles Angels the first time around back in the early 60s!!! :cry:

What a win! Bartolo Colon pitches in mid-season form to start the year, and K-Rod closes out a close 3 to 2 game for "just another Halo victory".

One week later, and 8 games into the season, the Los Angeles Angels are 5-3. Bats finally seemed to pick up steam today and yesterday, but the pitching is hitting some bumps. The 'pen will probably even out though, but I don't really have any positive feelings of our starting staff yet.

Angels 13 Rangers 8 - tonights game turned out to be pretty wild. With suspect pitching, and the way these teams can hit, practically no lead seems safe. Hope Guerrero's bruised knee isn't too bad. :worried: Highlight of the game for me was Erstads stand up triple - man can he fly! :D

Paul Byrd vs Chan Ho Park tomorrow.. :sigh: I hope the offense is alive again. Kelvim's supposed to come back sometime next week.... that guy seems to always pitch nice low scoring games (knock on wood).

Are we the only Halo fans on the board? Sure seems like it!

Sorry podner,a Dbacks fan all the way!But we will be more than happy to take Vlad off your hands anytime :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I think hes one of my absolute favorite players right now.As a friend of mine said a few years ago,hes Roberto Clemente-with power.
Jimmy

Last edited:
2DualsNotEnough said:
Sorry podner,a Dbacks fan all the way!But we will be more than happy to take Vlad off your hands anytime :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I think hes one of my absolute favorite players right now.As a friend of mine said a few years ago,hes Roberto Clemente-with power.
Jimmy

What, Troy Glaus wasn't enough for you? :no: Vlad stays in Anaheim! :D

I've been noticing how good Glaus is this year so far. I'm going to have to go down and catch a game and possibly get some Angels gear signed. We miss Glaus, but we don't miss all that time he spent warming the DL bench. Hopefully he'll stay healthy for you guys (unlike a certain Richie Sexson heh).

I don't mind if Glaus has a great year with the DBacks. He's still one of my favorite players.

Richie Sexson looks like he'll be back to his normal healthy self. He and Adrian Beltre (wtf were the Dodgers thinking?) were a HUGE addition to the Mariners.

Yeah it'd be great if all the former Angels have good years - Eck, Glaus, and Percy! Man I was bummed that he lost the game against the Twins - it happens though. And the Mariners being 4 and 4 at this point in the year I think is an improvement to how they started last year. The AL West will definately be the division to beat FOR the playoffs and IN the playoffs, though unfortunately with this much competition, we're probably not going to have the Wild Card in the West.

Rex B said:
I've been noticing how good Glaus is this year so far. I'm going to have to go down and catch a game and possibly get some Angels gear signed. We miss Glaus, but we don't miss all that time he spent warming the DL bench. Hopefully he'll stay healthy for you guys (unlike a certain Richie Sexson heh).
You should come down here during spring training.Lots of oppurtunities to get autographs,and watch your favorite players take batting practice.
Jimmy

If you(or any other baseball fan)come down here,let me know,and Ill show you around the ballpark.Also,if you are looking for autographs,Tuesday and Saturday are the times to come.The have tables set up all over the ballpark,and they do 20 minutes of signing after Batting Practice on those days.I go to at least 20 games a year.I cant get enough of baseball!
Jimmy

2DualsNotEnough said:
You should come down here during spring training.Lots of oppurtunities to get autographs,and watch your favorite players take batting practice.
Jimmy

I went to a spring training game.... Atheletics vs Brewers.... :thumbsdn:

2DualsNotEnough said:
If you(or any other baseball fan)come down here,let me know,and Ill show you around the ballpark.Also,if you are looking for autographs,Tuesday and Saturday are the times to come.The have tables set up all over the ballpark,and they do 20 minutes of signing after Batting Practice on those days.I go to at least 20 games a year.I cant get enough of baseball!
Jimmy

I've actually been to 1 or 2 DBacks games - sat in the bleeder seats because I'm too cheap. If there's a good team they'll be playing it'd fun to go though...

Angels 6 Athletics 1 :thmbsp: Bartolo Colon outpitched Barry Zito, although Zito pitched a good game leaving after the 8th inning trailing 2 to 1.

The Angels scored 4 runs in the 9th to put the game away.

Athletics 1 Angels 0 - 10 innings: A pitching dual between Jarrod Washburn and Rich Harden for 8 innings. The Athletics scored the winning run on a throwing error to 1st base by Scot Shields.

Not a bad game at all - I think the Angels can win today's game, taking the first series against the A's.

Back
Top Bottom