Los Lobos "The Ride"

Dave918

Anyone picked up the new Los Lobos disk The Ride yet, or plan to do so soon? I'll most likely pick it up this weekend, but wanted to hear some initial thoughts.

-Dave

I figured you had it Alan :D

Might be their best eh? Might have to pick it up tomorrow night instead of this weekend :yes:

-Dave

Well I'm about halfway through The Ride and Wow! Picture every Los Lobos album arranged in a circle with this one in the center. A perfect blend of every rhythm, style and texture that they have explored in the past. Proves to me that these guys still have a lot to offer!

Look at this line-up of backing artists -

Richard Thompson
Garth Hudson
Robert Hunter
Bobby Womack
Little Willie G.
Mavis Staples
Tom Waits
Elvis Costello
Just to name a few!

You like Los Lobos? GET THIS DISK :D

-Dave

I was just thinking about that

I should run up to Starship and snag this. I was considering going up there to get Kiko but you guys are sounding like this is even better. I'll have to tell my brother, he's a big Los Lobos fan. I like them a lot too.

How's the recording quality on this one, good as usual??

\\trent

The sound quality on this one is very, very good Trent. Focused, but smooth; clear with just the right amount of detail.

-Dave

Since I really like your taste Dave,

I'll go pick it up first thing tomorrow. I would like to not be at work right now but I'm stuck. The girlfriend and some friends are meeting at Bluesfest tonight and I'm late.

Funny that I found that Peter Malick CD a couple of days after we'd last talked at Best Buy.

Haven't forgotten about the vinyl quest either, just been busy.

\\trent

Back
Top Bottom