lost in time

thorens fan

Those old paper ads rock good times in 77 thanks kp-500 rocked on in my 1963 dodge all the way to the races .old memories lost in time good times lots of parties.:D

I had a KP-500 too

I thought it had a wonderful tuner, near magical. The thing outlasted 3 or 4 cars, but doesn't play tapes anymore...

Laz

Here is the separate component version.
Only difference is this is the KP404 “no tuner”
they did have a KP500 version.
Pair either with the GM120 amp :thmbsp:

Kp-500

Ya they worked great mine did had that tuner a long time it was still working but sold the car to brother in law what a mistake.Wish for those times back good to know someone had some good taste.Rock on makes you think lol.

memories

I bought a new Pioneer Super Tuner with the GM-40 amp but soon changed amps to the GM-120, a pair of 6x9 Pioneers in the package tray . . . I tell you what that old Pioneer would crank. . . Many hours of bliss, never wanted to get out of the car. . . I sold the car, kept my Pioneer system, put it in a plywood box and powered it with a big converter from radio Shack . . . Table radio for two years untill I sold it to my brother who still has it in his 63 Impala, still sounds great.

those great days

Wow didnt think there was that many out there that remember this stuff great to hear back from some good old rockers.Guess im not so lost in time after all a lot of good folks on this site keep them all rockin till we die lol.

This participants of this zombie thread would be surprised to see a Pioneer KP-500 on the-bay for almost $1500

Wow, switch on the way-back machine Sherman, I hung a KP-500 under the dash of my ratty 70' Datsun (Ratsun ?) 510 and it entertained me on two round trips from PA to Florida back in 84'. Sold the car with the KP-500 still in it for $500. Brings back some good times.

Loved my super tuner, it had the best tuner, could pull in the weakest stations. Then some piece of &#!^ busted a window and took it.

Mine stayed with me and went through 4 cars. That tuner could pickup stations that were well out of normal range. I finally replaced it with an Alpine CD unit. I had no more need for the lousy Florida stations.

Back
Top Bottom