Lost out on Pioneer SX-838 Receiver

RayE.

I am really upset that I could have got a very nice sx 838 off ebay for 65 plus shipping. I decided to pass on the Sony 745 because the sx 838 seems to have all the features I want plus a great tuner. Just have to wait until another one comes along.

Know how that goes....

I let a nice Pioneer SX-626 go for $1.25 last week I wasn't paying attention :dammit:

My bad :eek:
Army

I'd pass on that Fisher and take a look at the SX-737. I have one and it's quite nice; I use it in the bedroom with some DCM TimeWindows.

Here's a link to the current Ebay auctions (none mine):

Pioneer SX-737s

What's wrong with this? The 939 has a lot of advantages over the 838, and (so far) it's going cheap.

The 939 sounds nice. The current bid is up to 80 dollars. The 737 I bid on is only 35 dollars so far.

Comments on the 737 from the seller

I have owned this
awsome reciever since 1975, it is in perfect working condition and cosmetically perfect, no scratches.

When I just went to take a picture of it, I noticed the diode that makes the station indicator light up is out. Perhaps you can fix it. It is in otherwise excellent shape.

(does anyone know what the cost would be to fix the bad diode.)

With most Pioneer's a small lamp is used with a piece of plastic acting as a lightpipe...no diode.

PITA to replace, but I can think of a lot of things that might be worse.;)

Amazing that a small lamp would be so difficult to replace. How much do the lamps usually cost. Thanks

Not terribly difficult I guess...but it means splicing wires...I hate splicing wires.;)

The lamps are perhaps a buck apeice...prolly got a few laying around. I know Parts Express sells an appropriate lamp.

Back
Top Bottom