lost remote controls

All unimaginable to me. I have the opposite problem. I still have lots of remotes for dead stuff sent to recycling long ago. Mostly TV and VCR.

You should put those on ebay, those of us who like having "all the accessories" would probably pay a few bucks for them. Sure, you'll have to get a bunch of small flat rate boxes or padded envelopes, but you'll clean out your junk drawer and maybe make enough to get a few tasty beverages.

Usually at every thrift there is a giant box full of orphan remotes that probably go to all of the stuff we're talking about now.
I've been pretty lucky with remotes. Even that last few parts units I've bought came with remotes, one of which I sent to a thankful AK'r to replace his missing remote.

I've gotten components cheap because of missing remotes, then gone to ebay and gotten the correct remote for little money.

Remotes wear out. Remotes get destroyed. Remotes get lost. Fortunately, there is some resemblance of order to remote commonality so finding something in the stash for a new piece not a problem. This being said, some remotes are fairly valuable (such as Sony CDP-101, 1000ES preamp, Luxman R-117, NAD Monitor Series receiver, Nakamichi cassette decks) and can cost more than the find itself.

Back
Top Bottom