Low side on X1000

postman56

Hi guys and gals, I just received by Fisher X1000 back from installing the new hayseedhamfest
re-cap kit and on initial playing on aux, the one side seems low, is this a tube issue I should look into? If so, which ones, any suggestions please drop me a line
Much Appreciated

Attachments

• Fisher X1000_a.jpeg
    Fisher X1000_a.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 15
Try switching the output tubes from one channel to the other? See if the low side follows the tubes. Just a starting point and good luck with it.

Hello thanks for the tip, I tried to swap the tubes but noticed quickly one light up very brightly, so I assume the voltage on that socket must of been adjusted for that specific tube, for when I swapped them back to the original placement, the tube was fine.
These are the Mullard original EL34's in here. Is there anywhere I can read about how to test to voltage on this receiver somewhere, I've never done it before but better start learning it .

You first have to get a copy of the schematic for your unit. The fisherconsoles website is a good place to start. If you look at the schematic, there is a note that says "all voltages taken...chassis ground;" You clip your negative lead of your voltmeter solidly to chassis, and take readings in vdc at the relevant points. You should read up on taking voltages on vacuum tube equipment before you start. Warning here and what should become apparent with the reading is that you'll be dealing with voltages high enough to make you not smile should something go wrong. Be careful!

Nice unit BTW!!

Warning here and what should become apparent with the reading is that you'll be dealing with voltages high enough to make you not smile should something go wrong
Talk about an UNDER STATEMENT, George. That's like saying in N.C. "Awww a little water won't hurt ya."

Back
Top Bottom