Low volume

Hk fan

Hello all . I have a question. I purchased a Harman Kardon TU920 off of eBay. It shows up yesterday I plug it into the amplifier turn it on and I couldn't hear anything I had to turn the volume up almost all the way to hear anything whatsoever. I thought maybe it was the tuner output from the amp so I tried auxilary and I'm having the same problem I do know that the auxilary works fine because I had a CD player hooked into that. I would like to make sure this definitely is a tuner issue before I contact the seller or eBay.

The "usual suspect" in a case like this is that the tuner's muting function is active. If you set the "tuning" switch to the "manual" position, it will disable muting, and there is a good chance that you will then get some sound. So, make sure the volume control is at a reasonable setting before trying this. :)

But if that is part of the story, it's not the whole story. It is normal for muting to be active if FM signal strength is low. What kind of antenna do you have connected to the tuner? (You'll get virtually no reception without an antenna. That's true for both FM and AM in this tuner, so you'd need two different antennas if you want to use both bands.)

What indications are you seeing on the "SIGNAL STRENGTH" display?

Cheers,

chazix

Speaker wire to the antenna type you can do that with I have a different in 10 I haven't used yet that has like two coaxial or RCA type fitting. Signal strength with four out of five bars and experience at low volume situation

Speaker wire to the antenna type you can do that with I have a different in 10 I haven't used yet that has like two coaxial or RCA type fitting. Signal strength with four out of five bars and experience at low volume situation
Also tried changing all buttons while was playing. Tried 2 different rca cables.

Back
Top Bottom