chip amps.

I saw in anther forum someone picked one of these up and had low level channel imbalance, and low hum/hiss with nothing playing and the volume turned up. Those are both issues many tpa3116 implementations, and were caused by the gain being turned up too high.

So if this unit really suffers from too much gain. It's performance could probably be improved even more by lowering the gain. But that requires desoldering and soldering extremely small surface mount resistors.

Mine for sure does not suffer from channel imbalance I have checked repeatedly.

It's only supposed to be at low volume, like the very beginning of the knobs adjustment.

Do you have hiss/hum with nothing playing and volume turned all the way up?

I took a look at them on eBay and Amazon. Prices are all over the map and few gave multiple pics. I have to say that the triangle is an interesting difference which catches the eye but would not allow stacking, which can sometimes be an important strategy. I am tempted to roll the dice on one just for a lark. OP's thoughts and comments sparked my interest, maybe enough to maybe open my wallet. I do wonder if the heat gathering in apex of the triangle may over time cause some heat issues in the future. I also wonder which position the pcb holds on the inside.

Dadbeh, you had a thread with your views and opinions and now it is suddenly gone. Has there been an AK issue or did I miss something? Your account about the Loxjie has caught my eye and I was going to peruse it again and read over your positions. Now all there is is nevermind. What happened?

no issues, i just decided that dont wanna be the guy who opens a topic praising a Chinese amp. the amp is great i just dont wanna be the guy who vouches for it.
shouldnt have really opened a thread after.

I took a look at them on eBay and Amazon. Prices are all over the map and few gave multiple pics. I have to say that the triangle is an interesting difference which catches the eye but would not allow stacking, which can sometimes be an important strategy. I am tempted to roll the dice on one just for a lark. OP's thoughts and comments sparked my interest, maybe enough to maybe open my wallet. I do wonder if the heat gathering in apex of the triangle may over time cause some heat issues in the future. I also wonder which position the pcb holds on the inside.

Dadbeh, you had a thread with your views and opinions and now it is suddenly gone. Has there been an AK issue or did I miss something? Your account about the Loxjie has caught my eye and I was going to peruse it again and read over your positions. Now all there is is nevermind. What happened?
as for the insides, i am real curious myself. as soon as i finish my last final exam of the semester ill grab a screw driver and take a look inside. they have a DAC that had very nicely appointed insides from a quality double layer PCB to nicihcon and wima caps. but i was not able to find pictures of the amp so ill open it up. the power supply is external and its a chip amp so it should be pretty scarce in there. not much is required to make this chip amps sing in the first place.

well actually somebody opened it up for our viewing pleasure on youtube.

not for the faint of heart, she bares it all :D

so the amp actually does not use its aluminum body as heatsink. lol thats a little wasteful but i guess thats why it is so cool to the touch all the time.

note: my beefy audiophile speaker cables causes it to raise. it is too light to deal with their weight.

Back
Top Bottom