Lucky day at estate sale.

Also noted they used the code S38 for the speaker load model number. Cabinet also listed as C38.
1 envelope survived minus contents.

I first saw them, thought the cabinets looked small for the 15", and thought they would be an 030 load (D120/075), but someone just opted for the smaller cabinet.

Is the woofer really the Heathkit faded green color on the frame? Very interesting.

BTW, if you don't point the 075s directly at your listening position, you will save yourself a world of ear fatigue from that 10kHz peak. Just point them a bit off axis. The video is in 5 degree increments and will give you an idea of the flattest angle without the slant plate assembly.

This is what you are dealing with.

Really nice JBL score. The JBL gods have smiled on you. Enjoy the music. And keep us up to date on the work.

In the early 80s in college in the Midwest, folks called these smaller cabinet D130/075s ‘Harvey Wallbangers’. A buddy down the hall would crank them up to drown out anybody who dared play disco. I remember several sets of these were around back then.

They can be harsh and missing extended frequencies on both ends, but they do a lot very well, and were always much better than the typical college fare. Nice find!

They are running fine now and finished clean-up. Found what I would call pre velcro stuck behind grilles. Haven't downloaded pics yet.
Listened to a lot of Steely Dan today. I will give "tarior" credit for his earlier remarks, these do sound great bringing out the guitar play. (see post 19)
He knows his JBL's.
Also appreciate that JBL gave me a way in while the AR-2A's did not. Easier to service without damage.

$20 is really good deal.

No s**t :), wish I could stumble onto deals like this more often. It's been approx.3 years since the last old JBL's turned up. And they needed much more help.
These were such an accidental find..... The if your not looking for it philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom