Luxman D-N10 CD player

It's a cute little bugger. Philip O'Hanlon includes a demo disc with it. It was the first thing I played and it sounded remarkable with the player cold as ice.

The CD drawer moves in an out in a rather clunky way. Could be a function of the suspended mechanism. I have an email in to Philip inquiring.

If I had the dough, I would certainly entertain the purchase or audition of one of their big boy models.

Not enough time. I don't listen during the work week. By last Sunday I already felt that something special was happening but I need more time to be definite. I can tell you that this CD player may be the best in class...but only more time will tell.

Looks really nice, congrats on that alone.
I saw this one at a steep discount at MD when I was CD player shopping about a year ago but bought another. I was turned off by the "compact" aspect, possibly my mistake.

Looks really nice, congrats on that alone.
I saw this one at a steep discount at MD when I was CD player shopping about a year ago but bought another. I was turned off by the "compact" aspect, possibly my mistake.

I was turned off by the size as well. Then I thought about it and looked at the dimensions and weight of the Rega Apollo R and realized that there was a chance this deck could be good. The CD drawer is flimsy and operates in a clunky sort of way. Not sure if it is normal or not. I am working with the distributor and Luxman on that. Other than that it loads fast and is ready to play in no time. The transport is particularly quiet while in operation and the sound is excellent..though clearly break in is still happening and probably will be for weeks.

Listening to my Billie Holiday Complete Decca box and man it sounds sublime.

1001687.jpg

Nice selection but do pamper your new darling with something recorded real well.

Like some Winter & Winter CDs maybe...my wife surprisingly digs them :smoke:

I play lots of well recorded discs...mostly. However, it's what these discs sound like that really surprises.

The replacement deck arrived and the disc drawer is is smooth as can be. The other one was defective. I don't think it would have ever failed and the player worked flawlessly but it's good to have one that is 100%. I am very happy with this deck. Next week my Box rack will be back and the setup is complete for the time being.

Good deal on getting your replacement! Where has the box rack been Art? I am sure it will be nice to have everything back together then! Glad you are enjoying the Luxman, nice looking little CD deck there.

Back
Top Bottom