Luxman D-N10 CD player

Good deal on getting your replacement! Where has the box rack been Art? I am sure it will be nice to have everything back together then! Glad you are enjoying the Luxman, nice looking little CD deck there.

Dealer was using it in his beautiful new Portland store. Had some space to fill.

Goodie..my Box rack is back home and will be set up this weekend. Going to be a great weekend of listening!

Looking forward to how the Luxman does vs. the 215 on the Box stand ... My theory is, the 215 will benefit more from "proper" furniture.

Looking forward to how the Luxman does vs. the 215 on the Box stand ... My theory is, the 215 will benefit more from "proper" furniture.

I don't think that it will. The 215 has felt under the feet and can be pushed around on a stand. The Luxman has a tacky surface on the feet that holds the player firm to the surface of a shelf. I'd bet that the Lux will benefit more. I will see soon enough. I have the system setup on the Box rack and the weekend is a comin'. The Lux still has a lot of break in time left so....

I don't think that it will. The 215 has felt under the feet and can be pushed around on a stand. The Luxman has a tacky surface on the feet that holds the player firm to the surface of a shelf. I'd bet that the Lux will benefit more. I will see soon enough. I have the system setup on the Box rack and the weekend is a comin'. The Lux still has a lot of break in time left so....

:) Well, can't wait to hear either way. I'm 2/3 of the way to a really nice system ... just need a top CD deck! (I'm also considering players by Ayre and Primare, among others.)

Last edited:
I am coveting the Box Furniture rack. I know that you love it. I would need 4 shelves because I still use a tuner. Congratulations.

The boss, I mean wife, agrees that we could upgrade the old 32" TV. Good that the price is way down from a few years ago and I can't use more than 48 to 50" max.

Also I am having problems with a 2006 computer which works fine but many websites are refusing to support the software which is as new as my OS can handle. So one has to replace a perfectly good computer because the new software is not compatable. I have had problems with Yahoo, Google Chrome, Adobe flashplayer etc, and other private sites like my bank and the State that put up a pop up telling me to upgrade my browser.

So New TV and new computer before a good rack.

We have a 55 inch Panasonic plasma in the living room. So glad we bought one before they disappeared from the shelves. It was $700 at Costco. We also picked up new computers last year as our old ones were very old and no longer being supported.

I am getting the best sound I have ever had in my living room at present. No, the Luxman is not better than the LM515 but the Harbeth's are more to my taste than the Spendor A6R's were. The Lux is the equal of the LM215. Bringing back the Box rack was the icing on a delicious cake. The result is sublime.

That is great.

I wondered about the Lux vs LM 215 comparison. Back on topic. The price is the same so it is fair to compare.

That is great.

I wondered about the Lux vs LM 215 comparison. Back on topic. The price is the same so it is fair to compare.

They are both fantastic CD players. They both are bargains at their price, when you compare to other similarly priced decks. The Marantz SA8005 is a wonderful piece but not better at CD than the Rega Apollo-R. The LM and Lux are better, much better.

There you go. Nice looking speakers too.

Amazingly, I have never had a chance to hear Harbeth. On my last vacation I visited a nice hifi store overseas that was full of ProAc, KEF, Warf, Rega and more, but no Harbeth.

Simplistic Elegance. It doesn't get any better than this. Hope you have many years of enjoyment (or until something better comes along). :thmbsp: :music:

Have you had, or compared the Rega Saturn or Saturn R? How does it compare with the the Luxman and LM decks. I remember when it first came out it got a lot of magazine praise but that sort of died out.

Have you had, or compared the Rega Saturn or Saturn R? How does it compare with the the Luxman and LM decks. I remember when it first came out it got a lot of magazine praise but that sort of died out.

I had a Saturn and it died. Sent to be repaired, reversed the channels and I gave up.

For sound the LM and Lux are better. They are certainly better balanced. The Saturn has a bigger bottom end but not as detailed.

As far as the Saturn-R. I wouldn't own another new Rega deck.

Back
Top Bottom