Luxman Hybrid

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
Several years ago Luxman made a line of hybrid tube/SS amps, CD players and Preamps. . . To me it looks like they put two "Token" tubes in it for the tube folks. . .

I am looking at a mint Integrated Luxman with new tubes and my question is are they something to think about or are they the real deal. ?? Luxman has a good rep but I dont know much about these "Hybrids"

Any help??? :scratch2:

TThe amp was a 105, can not remember if LV105 or 105LV. Only heard them in a showroom. They got good reviews but most reviewers could also not figure out if the tubes were more than a gimmick.

Nice one

Brian said:
TThe amp was a 105, can not remember if LV105 or 105LV. Only heard them in a showroom. They got good reviews but most reviewers could also not figure out if the tubes were more than a gimmick.

I found a nice one like brand new (10 years old) however I remember well when they hit the market. My buddies and I would look at them and laugh about their token use of tubes. It looked obvious, I mean why else would they put the two tubes in a little window up front so everyone could see them.

I cant decide if the deal is a good one because of it or in spite of it. . . I will think on it. . .

I ran an LV-105 as my main system for years and loved it, It got put away when I got surround sound. Then wasn't enough power when I started down the vintage system route and didn't matching the silver equipment I was picking up. There was several amps Lux put out, 105 was 85 wpc, LV-103 was 65 wpc, then then they updated the 105 to a 105u with 90 wpc and a couple extra video switching options.

The tubes do make a difference especially when listening to CD's, I rolled several pairs of tubes into it and thought Mullards sounded the best in it.

I think BigMac still uses on in his main system.

X

Lv-105

Punker X said:
I ran an LV-105 as my main system for years and loved it, It got put away when I got surround sound. Then wasn't enough power when I started down the vintage system route and didn't matching the silver equipment I was picking up. There was several amps Lux put out, 105 was 85 wpc, LV-103 was 65 wpc, then then they updated the 105 to a 105u with 90 wpc and a couple extra video switching options.

The tubes do make a difference especially when listening to CD's, I rolled several pairs of tubes into it and thought Mullards sounded the best in it.

I think BigMac still uses on in his main system.

X

This one is an LV-105. . . Owner stated he just put new "NOS" tubes in it only a few hours ago. . . I have no idea why or what they are.
If anyone else but Luxman did this tube in the window thing I would ignore it completly. Most likely I will pass on this one too but she is interesting. . . :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom