LUXMAN L-505uX

Archguy

Official Roiurama Factory Rep
How to source one of these, lightly used, without importing it directly from Japan (apparently little to no recourse) or buying from a high-end dealership here in NA (astronomical prices)?? There seem never to be any for sale second-hand in the usual places. Mods pls move this thread if I'm in the wrong forum.

lux00002_20130729123500_4.jpg

Thanks for the advice--seriously. It did occur to me that I may have to pry one out of someone's cold, dead hands!!

They do sell. I sold mine. Very good amps. Just make sure you don't get a grey market unit. Always ask for proof of purchase.

Nice amp. And could have swore there was a distributor recently selling those new out of NY (along with other Japanese gear like Accuphase integrateds) at good prices. But seems to be gone now.

That leaves EBay and Audiogon for a used one (they pop up on AG too). I'd rather take my changes on EBay from Japan though than on AG IME.

Good luck getting one.

awesome AMP btw. If I ever live in an apartment again I imagined a sweet nearfield setup with that luxman integrated and some harbeth monitors..

according to same past sales they are going for around 2400-2700 USD NEW, from japan.

From everything I've read its worth waiting out for.. good luck

If you are patient, they come up. As someone stated, use hifi shark.com. I would check every few days or so.

Yes Luxman has an official subsidiary in the US now. Used to be Philip O' Hanlon (spelling?) of a A Higher Note did it....until the brand got popular here again and about a year or so ago Luxman I figure decided it could earn more $$$$$ by cutting one level of "middle man". Not sure whether the MD stock is left over from when Philip was distributor or it's newer models from the subsidiary.
Anyway the 509uX release is imminent.

Luxman America Inc.
27 Kent Street Suite
122 Ballston Spa
NY 12020 USA

is the recently formed subsidiary and the middle man importing distributor has been "cut".

audiocubes.com was the site if I recall. No Luxman on there now, but Accuphase is. Must be grey market.

That leaves EBay and Audiogon for a used one (they pop up on AG too). I'd rather take my changes on EBay from Japan though than on AG IME.

Why would you prefer eBay Japan over Audiogon? I've had nothing but first class transactions with Audiogoners. I've had good luck with Japanese camera/lens purchases from Japanese eBayers, too.

Back
Top Bottom