Luxman L550Ax

santa

After a lot of tire kicking and a couple of disappointments I finally found exactly what I was looking for in terms of features and sound quality.
I found this item in like new condition at an excellent price with warranty so I took the plunge

IMG_0067.jpg

Features that drew me to this were remote control for the wife,lots of inputs, a subsonic filter that works on all inputs as I run multiple tables with external RIAA and SUT devices and the switchable filter is excellent
20 watts pure class A power, beautiful meters and no internal DAC were also important to me

So far I'm extremely happy with what I'm hearing and will report back after more listening time

I decided to try out the phono MC setting bypassing my Parks Budgie SUT.
Previously I was using the MM setting with the Budgie in circuit.
I'm surprised at how much more detail I'm hearing on the MC setting with no SUT in circuit
Turntable is Project extension 9. Cartridge is Needle Doctor ND1 0.2 mV output, beryllium cantilever and Van Den Hul type 1 diamond profile.

Overall SQ is precise, powerful and surprisingly dynamic.
More on that next.

After a lot of tire kicking and a couple of disappointments I finally found exactly what I was looking for in terms of features and sound quality.
I found this item in like new condition at an excellent price with warranty so I took the plunge

IMG_0067.jpg

Features that drew me to this were remote control for the wife,lots of inputs, a subsonic filter that works on all inputs as I run multiple tables with external RIAA and SUT devices and the switchable filter is excellent
20 watts pure class A power, beautiful meters and no internal DAC were also important to me

So far I'm extremely happy with what I'm hearing and will report back after more listening time

Beautiful amp!

I'm surprised at how much more detail I'm hearing on the MC setting with no SUT in circuit

That has been my personal experience as well, with different gear, although I am aware that some people love SUTs. Congratulations on your beautiful Luxman!!

Back
Top Bottom