Luxman R-404 Receiver

vintageboy

Chicago HiFi
I got a Luxman r-404 receiver and it is perfectly working however when I memorize the stations and once I turn it off and then on, they are not memorized anymore. The power cord is always plugged in.

Any ideas?

My guess: Look for "super cap" .47 to1 F, 5V. (that's F as in Farad, not uF, mF, pF of nF. May be smaller, but seen a lot of these. Usually about half to 1 inch in diameter and half to 1 inch high.
A lot of receivers (and VCRs and other) used these to hold memory. Newer stuff uses non volatile memory. Good luck.

It is a super cap. I replaced one in an R-405. It is a .47 Farad as stated. The one I removed was a nice aqua green color different from the rest. Should be pretty easy to find it inside the unit and to replace it.

Yes I just spotted it. It is a black one and looks like a capacitor. I will have to order one and replace it!

Thank you guys!

Be sure to leave it on for about 2 days when you replace the cap to allow it to fully charge. Half a farad is huge and they are current-limited, so they can take up to a couple days to charge.

Got the battery today and replaced it right away! It is perfectly working and now it memorizes the stations and remembers them when I turn it off. I will run it for a while till it charges. Thank you guys! You were big help!

2e493kh.jpg

having same issue with my yamaha T-1000 tuner without schematic anyone know what cap I might replace for it to keep my stations in memory?

As stated in this thread, it will be a cap with a FARAD rating not a µF or pF. That alone will make it stand out as only one in your unit.

Back
Top Bottom