Luxman R117 cd straight indicator does not illuminate.

Lovethemusic

I was told an 8v bulb is the possible culprit, but I can't find it on the service manual. Can someone help me troubleshoot this? Are there any step by step instructions/videos available to help walk me through this issue? If it is an 8v bulb, I need to know the amps. THANK YOU for any help.

That bulb is shown on the schematic on the 11th page at the bottom right. It is fed from 12vdc through an 82 ohm resistor so 8 volts sounds about right. It is bulb PL301 and appears on the parts list on the 29th page but no useful info is given. I would guess about 60-80 ma.
Rick

For whatever reason, page 11 doesn't show up when downloaded. I feel a little uncomfortable taking the Luxman apart without some instructions, so if you have any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I've never taken apart a complicated piece of electronics like this. I took the top off and was overwhelmed with boards and wires. Thank you!

Not page 11 but the 11th pdf page. It is the schematic. To get at the bulbs, in general, rear access is sometimes possible behind the front panel. Or sometimes it is necessary to remove the front panel to gain access. I don't have one of these receivers so cannot tell you exactly how to disassemble it. If you do not feel capable, you should take it to someone who is.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom