M60 Amp / NS C6 Preamp Combo

Bugeyedd

Just picked up a NS C6 preamp to go with my M60 amp. Anyone think this is a good combo? I have 2 C60 preamps that need work but cannot find anyone to repair/restore them so I bought this NS C6 to use till I find someone to work on the C60s.BTW I have 2 of the M60 amps that could use new caps I assume.

The C-6 is a sweet little pre-amp.There Yamaha of course its a good combo. Just have a listen.

@Bugeyedd where have you tried to get your C-60s fixed? There are some pretty good techs that hang out here on the Yamaha board. Maybe they can help you. Start with the issues and see what happens.

I'd say it will make a nice combo. If it's anything like a C80/C2 comparison the C4 will likely knock a bit of sparkle off the highs compared to the C60.

I'd definitely look into getting your C60s fixed. It's likely some bad caps and solder joints causing any issues you have. If you list your location we can maybe point you at a tech who might can help you out.

Wow thanks guys answers came fast.I am near Baton Rouge,La.One of my C60s does not work on the right side,the other quit altogether.That one has some glue looking stuff flaking off the main board.

The C-6 is a sweet little pre-amp.There Yamaha of course its a good combo. Just have a listen.

Hey Dave...all things being equal (ie. working in top form) how does the C-6 compare with the C-85? Would it be worth spending some dough to get my C-6 running at full strength or better to save those dollars for a C-85? Just curious since you seem to be very familiar with both. The amp to be paired with is an M-85. I'm a lomc fan so I'm wondering if the little red button on the back of the C-85 would be a major bonus.

Or C-80 or C-70.. Right now my go to pre-amp is a C-70 and a C-80 and a C-85. I have a slightly massaged sample of each. ie. Shop Standards...:biggrin:

I was kind of hoping you'd say that...hopefully I can happen upon a C-85 that's as clean as my M-85.

Once all the issues (popping and self-shutoff) are worked out, the C-4 is tough to beat. The C-6 can sound great too but the phono section on mine won't stay clean (eventually loses a channel after a cleaning, a lot like my AX-900u integrated).

The C-6 can sound great too but the phono section on mine won't stay clean (eventually loses a channel after a cleaning,
Those three paddle switches need to be removed and disassembled to really get the contacts spotless and trouble free for a long time.

Fedex delivered my C6 today and it is hooked up to my M60 now and driving my Fried R Phase 2s which had the crossovers recapped a couple months ago.Sounds incredible.Especially since the system is in a 14ft.-11.5 ft.room.Now if I can just get this M&K K9 sub to work.The C6 does not have a sub out and I ran the speaker cables through the K9 but it is not working. The sub was working with the Denon it was hooked up to but the Denon had a subout.Still the M60/C6 is really impressive.I love it even without a subwoofer

Does your Sub have RCA's in and out ? Whats the make and model of your sub ?

Back
Top Bottom