MA 252

barsur

I read an article in the latest Hifi News magazine that Mcintosh dispayed in the Tokyo Audio Show an integrated entry level tube/transistor hybrid amp. No blue meters on the unit. In the Magazine you can see a picture, the unit is called MA 252.
Somebody knows more about this project? Is this a prototype o comes it really to sale?!

Best regards

Martin

Interesting little integrated amp. I'm guessing 25wpc.

img_33_m

e8acdbec82214b0e43c9b1898da385d7.jpg

I would guess 50wpc, for that reason 252 :idea:. Looks nice. Thanks for the photos!
Best regards
Martin

The MA252 just came across my Instagram feed. Things would seem that Mcintosh has unveiled it to the general public.

Technically not the first hybrid mcintosh integrated amp.
That would be the MA230.
Sort of the opposite.
SS pre section tube out.
The British pound conversion works out to about 6000usd.
A new 9000 is about 10.5k
I wonder if a used 7000 might come in , in the same price range. I think if I were in that market I'd lean that way:idea:

160 watts into 4, 100 into 8 ohms, 4 analog inputs including MM phono. Hi-Drive headphone amp, remote control, bass, treble...looks much better in person, sounds better than it looks.

Ron-C

wwwwwww -- I've got to say, it checks all of the boxes for me. Phono input, reasonable power output for a variety of speakers, compact, and optioned with plenty of flexibility (for my use).

I am not seeing how it could work out soon, but I think I'll be watching the MA252 for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom