MA-6100 repair - need sub for BC416C transistors

EastPoint

Recycler
Subscriber
Hi folks. I have an MA-6100 that is making sort of a hammering sound. It gets louder with volume and is only present on the Tuner 2, Aux, and Tape inputs. Seriously. It is much stronger on the left channel but the right channel has it very faintly. I have replaced all the electrolytic caps in the amp boards and preamp boards. When I hit the pair of BC416C transistors on each of the preamp boards, the hammering sound gets fainter and then disappears, so I'm assuming those are the issue. I looked around online for a sub for these but was not able to find anything common that would replace them. Does anyone know of a good sub for the BC416C? Also, what about the BC239C, as long as I'm in there?

Finally, it looks like the BC416C pinout is CBE--is that definitely the case?

Some good subs pin out differently than original pay careful attention to diagram of replacement

If you are physically manipulating (hitting??) the said transistors to effect their performance I would suspect a cracked solder joint in the vicinity.......

I'm sorry, I meant to say "when I hit them with freeze spray" but I missed part of that sentence.

Make sure the pinout is correct!! KSA992 is ECB typically, but there is a EBC variant, you need to make sure you get the right one!!!

KSC1845 is the complementary.

Back
Top Bottom