MA6100 Glass

It's not what I really expected from a company like Mcintosh. Too many excuses and too much putting the blame on someone else. Maybe someone higher up needs to be in the loop?

It's all in how a person reads and interpenetrates the response. Feeling are not always clearly relayed in text. I see this response as positive, apologetic, and nothing short of what I would expect from a McIntosh representative. Would Charlie Randall have responded differently, probably; however I keep it in the perspective that he's at a totally different level in the organization. McIntosh places a lot of value and importance on all customers past and present; additionally they see legacy products as part of their heritage.

I have been a happy Mcintosh owner for many years. In the spirit of trying to help, I sent the following to a contact address at Mcintosh labs...

"Enquiry For: Service
First Name: John
Last Name: James
Phone: 423-XXX_XXXX
Email: johnjjiii@XXX
Date: September 13,2017
Question/Comments: Long time Mcintosh owner, (since 1972). You may be interested in this series of comments on an audio forum. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ma6100-glass.786882/#post-10854048 I hate to see people having trouble with Mc equipment as mine (C 26, MC 250, MC 2505) has been flawless all these years. I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is offered. Make it right for these folks. Thank you, John James III"

Last edited:
Hi John
I just want to thank you very much for going above and beyond with sending your note to Sharon at McIntosh. It is very considerate of you to go out of your way for the Audiokarma community!!
I truly thank you gratefully !!

I believe Sharon is a Report to my contact at McIntosh John M. Customer Service Manager. I have always been extremely professional and utmost courteous in all my correspondence and calls to the people at the factory. While I have been patient, understanding and empathetic..... in my case the C50 was in production at the start of my glass clouding up in 2015 and is still under warranty.

In December 2016 John courteously advised me the C50 glass was ready for final screening and that it wouldn't be much longer. He said he would ship it out "plug and play" with buttons and blue filters. I emailed and called John, May 2017 about the glass and have received no replies. Other times later, my call was transferred to different people who were rude and unsympathetic or did not return voice mails or emails. Chuck H. once told me that as long as it works....don't worry about it. (????). They need to do better.

I like McIntosh and would like to continue as a customer. I've purchased many McIntosh products in my life (C42, MC352, MR85, MC302, C37, MC2205) and never had a problem. I once had a Crown Microtech 1200 amp that blew up on me at a wedding. Crown overnighted me a new, Macrotech 2400 model no charge. Sunfire also upgraded my defective amp at no charge and threw in a subwoofer and DVDs. Technics sent me new parts for a old SL-1200 turntable no charge. NAD replaced my 2 year old CD player that was no longer reading CDs with a brand new one....no charge.
I just want my C50 glass to be the way its supposed to be ...and to be treated nicely. That's all I'm asking.

Last edited:
When is it acceptable to point out to the caller that his 3 previous calls put him at maybe 8th,12th, and 15th in the que of calls to return......

The OP called 4 times and did not give her a chance to call him back.....everyone is special but when is enough enough......

Obviously she should stop answering the phone until she gets all her calls returned, would that I was sent to voicemail every time and did not leave a message.

I called first thing in the morning. I was very cordial with her. I go out of my way to be polite to customer service. She was rude as soon as she answered the phone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom