MA6100 with LED conversion

hadrian333

To replace all the bayonet lamps with LEDs was a cinch. I removed 3 screws to take off the top cover, pulled out the knobs, and replaced the bayonet lamps with LEDs. It took me less than an hour to replace them all and it required no soldering.

Attachments

• MA6100.JPG
    MA6100.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 185
Nice. I've been considering doing the same thing to my C28. Would you say that the brightness ,tone or dispersion of the light changed in any way?

Great job hadrian333!
I've been looking to update my 6100 with LEDs. Where did you get yours? How many did it take?

The LED replacement is brighter, coller, and will last longer than the original incandescent lamp. The kit is at northridgeelectronics.com.

Installing the kit was extremely simple and I'm so glad to have finally upgraded to LEDs. Several years ago my father took the amp to a non Mc tech, who put the wrong bulbs in the speaker selection lights and it burned the chassis around the bulb housing. The MA6100 has since visited Terry DeWick and is singing and looking perfect now a days.

I included a photo of the 2 types of LEDs vs some bulbs as well as the LEDs turned on while the glass was off. and of course a before and after taken in the same light, with the same camera and lens on the same ISO, Aperture, and Shutter speed.

Before:
Bulb.jpg

After:
LED.jpg

Bulbs vs LEDs:
LEDvsBulb.jpg

LEDs with the glass off:
LEDs Installed.jpg

LED's are the way to go for sure. Cleaned up the look of all my amps. Previously my 7270's meter's looked very "dirty", but with the LED's the color is much more even and brighter. Makes the units look newer.

To replace all the bayonet lamps with LEDs was a cinch. I removed 3 screws to take off the top cover, pulled out the knobs, and replaced the bayonet lamps with LEDs. It took me less than an hour to replace them all and it required no soldering.
Hi,
Just came across this, you mention no soldering, was any cutting or mods required?

Back
Top Bottom