Ma6100

Brian

An Old Geezer
Well, just got an email from the person I bought the L54 from. The trade for the MA6100 appears to have fallen through and he want to know if I want it. It looks very clean save for 3 spots where bubbling is starting in the bottom portion of the glass, each about 3/8" long. He also has a slant leg L52 wrapped around it. I really do not need the cabinet since I have a spare. I'm trying to get a fair price to offer and went to eBay to look for some history but nothing in the completed sales. Has anyone been following 6100 sales and if so what has been the range of sales prices say without cabinets? The cabinets seem to be in the $150 area. Have no idea what I'm going to do with once I get it but it is local.,

Brian:

What kind of shape is the cabinet in?

Does this cabinet fit the MX110?

atuque

Did not notice any scratches gouges, etc. except on the very back left side there was a small ding right onthe edge about 1/8" in size so if any will be very minor. The L52 fits the MX110.

650 for an exception unit down to 400 for a good unit. The higher range should have no bubbles, rust, scratches or flaws. It should be 100% functional and serviced within the last 12 months. Low end can have bubbles, a few scratches, a little rust, and probably not serviced in the last 5 years. Lettering should be intact on both. The glass front can run up to 200 for replacement so keep that in mind when buying unless the bubbles do not bother you. Good luck.

Thanks Cams. I sort of remembered that range but was not sure since 6100s are not usually something that my radar locks onto. He's looking for a premium. With the glass, I've offered him $600CDN and he's looking for about $800CDN. The difference is really about the cost of the glass. A local Mc dealer has told him they could get him $800 net of commission so I suspect he will go that route. I think for that price I'd rather sink in a few more dollars and go with a MX112 or 113 and a MC2505 and have a really beautiful 50 watt "receiver".

Back
Top Bottom