Made a bigger mess, but have moved a large

bully

set of shelves into place. Now to populate it with 'stuff.'
Like, right now I listening to one of my smallest pieces, the Nikko NR-1015, an excellent 85-wpc receiver. Think it has only got a pair of twist-ties for antennae.
Haven't played this stereo since I first moved in. It was the stuff I could find pronto, and hadn't been boxed up for moving (I took it in the car).
What has pleasantly surprised me, again, is how nice the BIC America's rTr line of speaker systems model '123' sounds.
BIC America bought the rights to the RtR name, and the RtR series are sold by 'real' stereo shops to have something better than the BB's & CC's at certain 'price points.'

I brought the pair of orig Advent's up and have made a 'stack' with the Advent's on bottom (larger cabinets) and the rTr on top, in an MTM-type arrangement. Power supplied by the Nikko NR-1015.
Have just turned it on, to the FM, for now, haven't put the cdplayer back in the system.
The dining room area is open to the living room (which makes a great room for the systems at the OTHER end, in the living room).
Here at the 'puter, I'm out of direct line from the DR system.
Sounding OK through these commercials on the radio.
My other two pair of Advent's require new surrounds. Someday.
The RtR's are 89dB/w/m, about what the orig Advent provides, too. Both are approx 8 ohms, so the Nikko, with a SUBSTANTIAL power supply (especially for 85 wpc), is just tickled to be working.

Last edited:
Talking to myself, again, I see ;)
From listening a bit last night, and now this morning, to the FM, I can say that the mid-range is quite full and natural on both the spoken, conversational voice and on music.
With four woofers, including 2 12-inchers in the RtR's, and the Advent's on the floor, bass is pretty good
Using a receiver is so easy, just one button to push!

Had the chance to play a few ceedees. Using my oldest save one cdplayers (Technics SL-PJ11), and this combo has passed the Cranberries test.
There is some heavy beat and some fine detail, and her vocals to reproduce.
Y'know, a person could be satisfied with what I'm hearing from this stereo. It is a very 'comfortable' sounding system.
That, and the fact the Nikko looks so sweet.

Bully

I know Exactly what you are talkin bout!

Have the same sweet receiver, with a couple pairs of the Old RtRs, (Series IV B and Series IV C) Both real 4-way speakers.

They really mate well, with power to speare from the Nikko.

Real nice stuff! Sure glad to hear what others think bout the quality of Nikko Receivers.

Read somewhere the RtR was the OEM for Infinity Speakers, FWIW.

Nikko is pretty good quality gear. I've thought highly of it for a long time, since I saw and heard a big separates combo a friend brought back from the west coast (where his parents had moved the family).
Toasted Almond has the 100 wpc 1219 from your model's series.
The 1015 is from the series immediately preceding the xx19's.

Turned on this stereo this morning, the stacked speaker systems seem to have a decent synergy and sound pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom