Maggie Info

Another question. Been going back and forth between the maggie and the kenwood ss amps and was wondering if there's a way to run both at the same time through my luxman receiver? I've searched it out and all I've seen is people running ss receiver with a tube preamp or vice versa, not ss poweramp and tube amp running from a receiver.....

Another question. Been going back and forth between the maggie and the kenwood ss amps and was wondering if there's a way to run both at the same time through my luxman receiver? .......

Yup, sure is but give a little more insight of what you have. Does your Luxman have pre out jacks? Does your Kenwood have pre out jacks? Are they integrated amps or receivers?

Another question. Been going back and forth between the maggie and the kenwood ss amps and was wondering if there's a way to run both at the same time through my luxman receiver? I've searched it out and all I've seen is people running ss receiver with a tube preamp or vice versa, not ss poweramp and tube amp running from a receiver.....

I don't think you can with your current units. You can run the Maggie into the Luxman, which hopefully you still have the remote, and the Luxman will act as a Pre-amp & tuner

Last edited:
The Magnavox can be used with everything you have as long as you have or can find a separate preamp to use with the it. Using a separate preamp, you can tap into the Luxmans tape out jacks and control the volume levels using two controls.

Without a separate preamp, if you would like, you can try a pair of Y adapters from the Luxmans pre outs straight into the Maggie. It might surprise you. I am currently using a solid state preamp to drive 3 different tube amps and there is no signal loss and plenty of power. I'm not going to go into the ohms ratings and possible mis matches etc, as it usually doesn't present a problem for most of the gear that you own.

Try it! It won't hurt a thing!:thumbsup:

The Magnavox can be used with everything you have as long as you have or can find a separate preamp to use with the it. Using a separate preamp, you can tap into the Luxmans tape out jacks and control the volume levels using two controls.

Without a separate preamp, if you would like, you can try a pair of Y adapters from the Luxmans pre outs straight into the Maggie. It might surprise you. I am currently using a solid state preamp to drive 3 different tube amps and there is no signal loss and plenty of power. I'm not going to go into the ohms ratings and possible mis matches etc, as it usually doesn't present a problem for most of the gear that you own.

Try it! It won't hurt a thing!:thumbsup:

I had another member say the same thing about using Y adapters. So I understand, I’d use the Y adapters our of the Luxman and then run a pair of RCA’s to the Maggie and another pair to the Kenwood and I’d be tapping into both then?..... And which amp would I wire the speakers to? The Maggie or Kenwood or does it matter?....

Last edited:
Exactly. I use y adapters out of my 400c so I can send a pair to my kt88 amp and another pair to my sub. Works great. Not gonna hurt anything.

Exactly. I use y adapters out of my 400c so I can send a pair to my kt88 amp and another pair to my sub. Works great. Not gonna hurt anything.

Sounds easy enough. And does it matter where to wire the speakers? As far as off the Maggie or the Kenwood?

..... And which amp would I wire the speakers to? The Maggie or Kenwood or does it matter?....

I assumed that you were using multiple sets of speakers.

With this set up, you will want a pair of speakers connected to your Luxman and also another pair of speakers connected to your Magnavox.

With my set up, I use 4 pairs of speakers with the 4 individual tube amplifiers amplifiers along with a solid state preamp and mixer.

EDIT: FYI, you don't want to run a tube amplifier without speakers connected.

Last edited:
I assumed that you were using multiple sets of speakers.

With this set up, you will want a pair of speakers connected to your Luxman and also another pair of speakers connected to your Magnavox.

With my set up, I use 4 pairs of speakers with the 4 individual tube amplifiers amplifiers along with a solid state preamp and mixer.

EDIT: FYI, you don't want to run a tube amplifier without speakers connected.

Ok, that makes sense. I was trying to figure out how exactly that would work... as far as one set of speakers and two amps. Guess that just means I'm in the market for a pair of speakers;):idea:...........

Back
Top Bottom