Maggie Info

Can't beat a 185... a couple volume pots thru the 7025, and you have a nice little integrated amp... I love mine!

Attachments

• P7100048.JPG
    P7100048.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 74
Ok... just made arrangements to purchase the Amp 185 that’s in BT. He’s going to throw in some tubes to make up for the shipping:thumbsup:
Now I guess need to search out the schematics for it and start researching what to do......

Another question.... using the Maggie I’ll be getting this week as an example. What does the “33” stand for in the model Amp 185-33? I’ve seen different numbers after the dash in all the Maggie models. Might not mean anything much... just was curious.

I have a pair of 1.7 Maggies, I use a KRELL KAV-250a/2 they can be has for +/- $1000 and the Krell factor will refurbish them :). It cost me about $320 + shipping both ways, updated, ECNs, recapped and thoroughly tested. That's a 20 +/- year investment for 500wpc of clean Class A power :):):)

Probably a small change in the circuits, FB, etc,,, My 185 is an AA model,,, most I've seen have letters, rather than numbers after the chassis model... some schems show the differences on them...

Probably a small change in the circuits, FB, etc,,, My 185 is an AA model,,, most I've seen have letters, rather than numbers after the chassis model... some schems show the differences on them...

Thank you sir... that’s kind of what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. Been reading up on the 185 so I can start to the project when it gets here. Still need to order the schematic from SAMS as well.

I have a pair of 1.7 Maggies, I use a KRELL KAV-250a/2 they can be has for +/- $1000 and the Krell factor will refurbish them :). It cost me about $320 + shipping both ways, updated, ECNs, recapped and thoroughly tested. That's a 20 +/- year investment for 500wpc of clean Class A power :):):)

That’s some power :rockon:

This is a direct link to the buffer stage in front of the revised but relatively stock 9300.

More Fun With Magnavox: The 9300 Series

Buffer section is the part on the left. I expect a lot of the changes made to the 9300 with stock transformers could be applied to a 185. Its pretty nearly the same driver design in stock form. The output transformers are a wee bit different though, so its possible the HF tuning stuff needs a little alteration to behave at it's best.

stock 175 schematic

http://music-electronics-forum.com/attachments/3099d1222139398-mag175.jpg

can't turn up a 185 schematic with quick looking but its the 175 plus an extra tube. either way if you look at the 175 schematic vs a stock 9300 schematic, it looks awful similar. Absolute minimum, make the feedback networks match. Their method of using variable feedback to give a balance control is pretty stupid IMO.

And just like that! Thanks Knockbill:bowdown:

Had a little hiccup with the Maggie, but it’s all good. Should be on its way in a day or so. Will post pics when it arrives.

Update for you guys. The Maggie should be here Tuesday. Besides the 7025 tube here’s what the seller said he’s sendind with it.. “matched set of Sylvania 6v6gt black plate tubes for it...matched to 2% on my sencore tube tester..108, 108, 108, 106 output..pretty much new! you will like them. sending some feet for it and a pair of 5u4gb plus three matched sets of 12ax7 tubes.
I’ll post pics when it arrives....

Back
Top Bottom