Magnavox 9302 capacitor question

tominredbank

Hi all, I tried to upgrade my coupling caps yesterday. I added a .1 where the .047 was and the .047 where the .0015 was. The right channel worked and the left was a really loud buzz. I immediately turned it off . I checked and rechecked all the connections and all was fine . Tried again and the same thing. Put the old caps back and all was OK. Maybe the .047 was too high in capacitance in place of the .015`s?

Not realy , i use those values all the time , you may , have a bad new cap , or your layout is poor and the hum is coming through the amp with the lower frequency response . the new caps give the amp .

make sure you don't have a heater connection touching the cap leads.

the caps don't change the frequency response so much that it would go from silent to having a loud hum. Something else is wrong.

Thanks guys but I think I found the problem. On the left channel I spotted ( with my magnifing glass) a very thin piece of solder at the base of the tube socket that was touching the next pin! I must have looked it over and moved things around a dozen times. It was on the side of the bakelite. Relieved. Thanks you all so much.

Back
Top Bottom