Magnavox Berkshire Schematic

Tubeglowpio

Hey everyone, picked up this nice Magnavox Berkshire last night for $45 bucks, they were asking 60 but the radio didn't work as they said. I was worried about the transformers being bad and my fears came true today when I did a voltage test, the high voltage winding is bad. The speakers and the output transformer and choke both look good so far, need to check the tuner high voltage still and the turntable is in rough shape and the clock/timer is bad too. The cabinet is in good shape so I would like to restore it but really need the schematic for the 150CB amp and the CR730 DC tuner. Please help so I can restore this work of art, thank you.magnavoxberkshire.jpg magnavoxberkshire2.jpg

Not sure if it's the same but the tuner might be in Sams 350 - 9. The entire file's too large to attach though.

Thank you, I ended up ordering a copy of this schematic but this will help till then. I ended up finding the schematic for the tuner online too, I'm not sure what the difference is between the extended model numbers but I'm sure they are small. A previous owner hacked and spliced some wire so I'm going have to trace out a lot of wires. This is the only model I've seen that has a clock and on off timer for the console in it, I cant find anything on it except a mention in a Magnavox ad.

Hey everyone, picked up this nice Magnavox Berkshire last night for $45 bucks, they were asking 60 but the radio didn't work as they said. I was worried about the transformers being bad and my fears came true today when I did a voltage test, the high voltage winding is bad. The speakers and the output transformer and choke both look good so far, need to check the tuner high voltage still and the turntable is in rough shape and the clock/timer is bad too. The cabinet is in good shape so I would like to restore it but really need the schematic for the 150CB amp and the CR730 DC tuner. Please help so I can restore this work of art, thank you.View attachment 1286968 View attachment 1286969
Btw the high voltage was measured once I disconnected the tuner so hopefully all is good and its mostly just caps.

I saw that and thought it was a good deal on a nice vintage piece

Hope it all gets working
I have been wanting one of these for a while but in the cherry or whatever but it has grown on me already and is unique. Yeah, I have seen some crazy prices on low end consoles around here. It was strange how I stumbled upon it because I hadn't checked craigslist in at least a couple of months because good finds are slim here, still dreaming of a fisher console or concert grand of course but the projects I have should keep me busy through the winter. This one needs a ton of work unlike those youtube finds where they just lube up the turntable and everything is still working but for 45 bucks it was worth it, nothing is working but the cabinet and bezel are in pretty good shape and the amp should just need a full recap and a few resistors out of spec and most of the output tubes. I'm thinking most work will be replacing several of the connecting wires and the tuner and changer needs work. Did you ever get my message about your eico btw?

Back
Top Bottom