Magnavox gear ID?

02County

AK Member
localish seller on FB selling this

Anyone know what these are? Looks like two of whatever they are...

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 70
The "tuners" are AM12 table top radios.

The others look like mono integrated amps (amp/mixer), and to left is ???

Edit: I was far too hasty on the AM12... I found an image with that discription, but further research reveals, it is not an AM-12

Last edited:
Seller says the amps take 6V6 and I think hes saying they take six each, with 12Ax7s. He seems to think the amps are different models, but they look identical. It's the tuners that look different to me?

Anyway, these worth a $125 and a two-hour drive? Seller says they haven't been powered up in 20 years.... :/

Seller says the amps take 6V6 and I think hes saying they take six each, with 12Ax7s. He seems to think the amps are different models, but they look identical. It's the tuners that look different to me?

Anyway, these worth a $125 and a two-hour drive? Seller says they haven't been powered up in 20 years.... :/

For the whole lot (6 pieces)... heck yeah! It looks like two amps, two preamps and two tuners...?
You must do it just to find out the model numbers... These are either really rare birds, or excellent homemade cases. During this era, Magnavox made pretty decent stuff.
Yes drive!
Yes spend a buck and a quarter!
And post more picks when you get them home.

Six 6v6 in push pull could produce north of 25 watts.... very respectable!

look like very rare Magnavox pieces to me.....go get them!

The covered pieces could be the speakers for the top Radio.....

I believe Magnavox did make a stand alone Receiver like that, with speakers.

The seller sent a few more photos of the amps - they are indeed different models but do basically look like maggy 6v6 mono amps. Could be a lot of models - 142, 138?

The odd thing is the packaging. I figured they were home made but I'm guessing these are factory. Gonna get them today if the weather holds

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 23
Those amps aren't worth a whole lot, just FYI. Not sure what the value is in their current setup, but the mono amps by themselves are not very valuable.

Back
Top Bottom