Magnavox gear ID?

The seller sent a few more photos of the amps - they are indeed different models but do basically look like maggy 6v6 mono amps. Could be a lot of models - 142, 138?

The odd thing is the packaging. I figured they were home made but I'm guessing these are factory. Gonna get them today if the weather holds

I have some Maggie 128 models that look really similar. Eastpoint is correct if they are just console pulls... but it is the packaging/cabinets they are in that is interesting...
Also the pre-amp/mixers that are sitting on top of the tuners in the first picture. I would still pay the 125 entry fee.

Thanks dude!

I picked up the gear earlier. Photos are attached! Definitely factory made boxes for the amps, which is new to me and - as far as I can tell - the internet. Photos of the model tags for the amps are attached, if anyone can figure out what they're saying - seller was a super nice guy and, as it turns out, audio engineer for one of the main studios in Memphis with engineer credits for a ton of Indy and punk albums that we used to listen to back in the day. Really really cool!

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 13
Thanks dude!

I picked up the gear earlier. Photos are attached! Definitely factory made boxes for the amps, which is new to me and - as far as I can tell - the internet. Photos of the model tags for the amps are attached, if anyone can figure out what they're saying - seller was a super nice guy and, as it turns out, audio engineer for one of the main studios in Memphis with engineer credits for a ton of Indy and punk albums that we used to listen to back in the day. Really really cool!

I think you picked up some really rare stuff. So are those squat ones integrated monos? Model 137? Those look really cool . Is that a Collaro also in the mix... or a garrard ?
If you are at all uncomfortable with getting these I will gladly double you're money and pay shipping ...:rolleyes:.
You should start another thread : " Rare Magnavox separates, info please.... " to see if you can call up any more maggie experts...

The amps are mono amps and that's it - no knobs or gain or anything. They are covered with a thick metal screen that's pretty dirty and bent up. The preamps are standalone and I assume meant to be run through the standalone amp. Seller threw in a Garrard RC88/4 because why not?

Back
Top Bottom