Magnavox tuner range

Dr. Guy

Hi, One of my Magnavox tuners when turned all the way as far as it will go toward the 88 end only picks up 89.3 The only channel I listen to is 88.5 and it won't get there.
Is this alignment or just the string. All the channels in the middle of the dial are off position also.
It is a 61 or 62 tube console with 4 6V6 amp and separate tuner, phono
I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place please help with question or where to post if it's in the wrong forum

I'd try a new Local oscillator tube first and if not improved, then alignment

Thank you very much for reply, but I don't know what that is. It is hard for me to get on the floor, take the back off but I'll have to get in there and get tuner number and turn table while I'm there.
Then I can get a tube chart for it. I remember the amp was 88 00 02 but I will have to find the others also. Then I can try the oscillator tube.

If it's been sitting unused for a while, it's also possible that there is a tube or tubes with pins that aren't making a connection because of corrosion, or are loose. You could try pulling and re-seating them.

Yes, pull and reseat. Also contact cleaner worked carefully down the pins with a pipe cleaner is good. If that does not cure it, try a new local oscillator tube, if that does not cure it, you may need alignment of your FM tuner.

Back
Top Bottom