magnificent 7 old vs new

91firebird

Well I have always liked the. 1960 version ,one of the best western action movies ever made,the new version is good but not on the same level as the 60s one.

Not sure I want to see the new one; I'd rather re-watch the original (or the Seven Samurai.) People forget there were three sequels (probably for good reason) although in some cases passable, they are dwarfed by the original.

Not sure I want to see the new one; I'd rather re-watch the original (or the Seven Samurai.) People forget there were three sequels (probably for good reason) although in some cases passable, they are dwarfed by the original.

Feel the same, here, toups.:thumbsdown:

Taking in the first western at an impressional age will def not have the same impact, no matter how much better the special effects will be. Those greats are gone as is the history that made them and they it.

Some memorable movies just don't need to be reworked. IMO

Q

Antonio Banderas ripped this storyline as well, in a Viking/Indian rendition called "13th Warrior"

Well in this case, if anyone ripped the story it was whoever wrote Beowulf about 1000 years ago. In the movie the enemies of the Norsemen aren't American Indians but pre Germanic indigenous Scandinavian people, perhaps surviving Neanderthals even.

Last edited:
Antonio Banderas ripped this storyline as well, in a Viking/Indian rendition called "13th Warrior"

Michael Crichton wrote the story, Eaters of the Dead which 13th Warrior was based on.

Eaters of the Dead was Crichton's novelization of the manuscripts written by Ahmad ibn Fadlan, the character Banderas played.

Do they even have actors with machismo and a cool factor these day that could stand alongside Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson etc.? It seems all of the action stars today are 110 pound girls.

Back
Top Bottom