Magnovox Console Capacitor list

ccon1969

Hello,
First time forum joiner here. I need some help if possible. I have a neat Magnavox Astro-Sonic console (64?) I need to replace the capacitors on. There's a bunch and I was looking for a list. The model number is 2ST667A. I was hoping to order without taking out the chassis until they come in to avoid wife eye rolling.

Hello.

You'll have to find the amplifier identification number for more specific help. The model number you listed is apparently a console style number.

For example; CR-183, CR-185, CR-101 etc. Once you have the correct amplifier identification you can get a copy of it's schematic. Actually spending some time peering beneath the amplifier in conjunction with a copy of the schematic will get you close.

Good luck!

I would definitely confirm what is in the amp against the schematic though. Not impossible that one or the other has been revised and it doesn't all match. More than once I have burned myself by not doing that, only to find the part I bought and the part I need are not the same.

Thanks for the feedback! I went ahead and pulled it and took pics. I did discover a ruptured cap. I went to Tanner Electronics in Carrollton, TX and got a quick lesson in replacing old caps with modern. I was worried because the numbers weren't matching up but the "old guy" (meant with all respect) told me just get close and not be concerned about how much smaller they were. I replaced some but not all. Turned it on and no smoke came out. Next puzzle is it's very quiet. Sounds better but there is no real "punch" even at full volume. I'll google around and take another stab at it next weekend. If you guys have any "go to" places I should look...

2ST667A is the cabinet style... Look for the R # on the chassis, like cR-204xxxx, something like that and post it. or search for schematic yourself.

Back
Top Bottom