[Maine] Vintage Gyrophonic (Leslie style) Speakers w/amps from Allen Organ

Well the tube amp definitely looks worthwhile.

Also, the last time I encountered a Allen Gyrophonic projector cabinet, there were three Jensen RP302 tweeters mounted in it!!

EDIT: Whoa! I just realized that this is -three- full sized cabinets with an Allen tube amp in each. And judging by those pix the tweeters sure look like Jensen RP302. Somebody needs to go investigate! Could be a real gold mine for them!!

Last edited:
The acclaimed Allen 70.

Actually, Allen 75...... three of 'em!!

From the ad:

" For sale I have speakers from a 1960s allen organ. Speakers and amps be reconfigured to suit your needs. Great for any studio. There are 3 large cabinets (33" x 33") and one half size cabinet that has the woofers. Each of the 3 large cabinets has an Allen model 75 200 watt 2.2 amp monoblock amplifier with two inputs (each with its own gain), a general electric dc motor to drive the gyro, and 3 Jensen Special Design C12r 12 inch speakers. The woofer cabinet has 2 C15n 15 inch Jensen special design speakers. This is a great buy for the vintage speakers alone but add the gyrophonic cabinets and amplifiers and this price can't be beat. Great for anyone looking for an authentic vintage sound. Great for synth, guitar, or bass too! I may be willing to split up the speakers case by case for the right price. Please contact me with any questions and I will do my best to answer.
"

Apparently the Allen gear was grabbed, as the linked page has been deleted. Hopefully an AKer got the units.

Back
Top Bottom