Major League Baseball

MLB network replayed all of the Cardinal post season wins all weekend. Not sure if they will replay them again.

they were 2 hour condensed versions...so Game 6 wasn't as long as it was

MLB network replayed all of the Cardinal post season wins all weekend. Not sure if they will replay them again.

they were 2 hour condensed versions...so Game 6 wasn't as long as it was

I just haven't searched for it yet! DVR's are a nice hing to have. Didn't even miss the TV or computer the whole time when away BTW.

Barney

I'd like to see Jose Oquendo elevated to the manager's spot. Besides deserving it after his long tenure with the Cards, it's our best chance to keep Pujols.

I'd like to see Jose Oquendo elevated to the manager's spot. Besides deserving it after his long tenure with the Cards, it's our best chance to keep Pujols.

Good idea....I think Oquendo would do a great job and he may get Albert to stay. May be a good idea to get a guy familiar with the old Don Tony style of managing and already knows the players.

Baltimore Orioles GM: Someone take this job.....please!?

Tony LaCava, an assistant with the Toronto Blue Jays, has walked away from the position as the next GM of the Baltimore Orioles.
The rumor-mill has it, that he was reluctant to take the Orioles GM position, because of concerns that the Baltimore Orioles infamous owner Peter Angelos (rated by SI magazine as the #1 worst owner in MLB) would micromanage his every decision? :no:

Now where have we heard THAT before!!?? :sigh:

Tony LaCava, an assistant with the Toronto Blue Jays, has walked away from the position as the next GM of the Baltimore Orioles.
The rumor-mill has it, that he was reluctant to take the Orioles GM position, because of concerns that the Baltimore Orioles infamous owner Peter Angelos (rated by SI magazine as the #1 worst owner in MLB) would micromanage his every decision? :no:

Now where have we heard THAT before!!?? :sigh:

We are blessed with two of the absolute worst owners imaginable in this area.
Trick question - Who's worse Angelos or Dan Snyder?

I dressed up as Dan Snyder for Halloween, and was chased by a bunch of season-ticket holders demanding their money back!!

Steve

We are blessed with two of the absolute worst owners imaginable in this area.
Trick question - Who's worse Angelos or Dan Snyder?

Frank McBankruptcyCourt!

Thankfully, this sad chapter of Dodger history is going to end soon since he's now (FINALLY!) agreed to sell the team! :banana::banana::banana:

Now we need to get an LA based ownership, not someone from out of town with other agendas.

It's very much in the interest of all of MLB that the Dodgers brand returns to stability and glory, and the current and very meddlesome commissioner will do everything in his power to make it so. If an ownership group without the proper bona fides is not found prior to next season, he will run the organization as a (in his mind) benevolent dictator until it happens.

That's a shame.
I saw him a few times at SF's Candlestick Park playing for the Giants, back in the early 60's.

Steve

Sad.....if memory serves me right and hell I was only ten years old at the time but didn't he and his two brothers play in the same game together in '63 ???

.....anybody else still watching replays from the series recorded on the DVR?....I have games 6 and 7, and have watched Freese do his thing at bat a thousand times....and, have watched him catching the pop-up at the third base short wall rail over and over.....

.....Ron Washington said at a press conference after one of the early games, he "would not deviate" from what he had been doing all year....well, considering Texas was in second place when the final dust settled, it might come to Ron Washington he could have tried something different applying some heart instead of being so regimented....I'm actually referring to his pulling Holland just because a man got on first with one out....twice, Holland was pulled with that being the situation....I'm just saying Texas could have ended it in 6....if, no, I'm going to say when, Texas Ranger outfielder Nelson Cruz gets it all together, he will be a GREAT player....all opinion.....

Last edited:
I heard Washington say the same thing at the press conference before game 7. It was carried by a New York station. Charlie Manual has been guilty of this too.

Jim Thome back in town. Says he can't play the field fulltime. Still, he'll get more love here than any other player. Hell we cheered him when he hit a home run to put Minnesota ahead in an inter league game.

OMG, Jim Thome is back in Philly.......this team is getting older by the minute. I love the guy dearly.....but.....

Back
Top Bottom