Major League Baseball.

spaceman

Registered Lunatic
It looks like the season's getting started more seriously today, here in the states, meaning it was kinda hard to count as "started" by the Japan games. ;) I see Toronto & Cleveland are taking the season opener pretty seriously, now in the 15th inning. Save something for tomorrow, guys, it's a long season. :D BTW, I wrote out the thread title on purpose, just so that "correcting" software would quit changing the LB to lower case letters, LOL. ;)

My cards played for opening night came away with a win. Love baseball so glad its back, wait all winter for it.

Well, the Cub's umpteenth new tradition started Thursday with the same Cublike results. After Ryan Dempster pitches a magnificant 7-2/3 innings allowing no runs on two cheap hits (the second one coming when a guy who never plays 1st base decides not to play a ball hit to him at...1st base :bash: ), and with 10 strikeouts, the Cubs bring in reliever Kerry Wood who promptly loads the bases and then walks in the tying run. In the 9th, closer Carlos Marmol gives up the lead run (of course), and then the Cubs get the tying run thrown out at the plate in the bottom half of the inning. New regime (Theo, Hoyer, et al), same frustrating brand of losing baseball. :tears:

Heh heh, we batted around the order, for 6 runs in the 4th alone. :D Add on the 1 run from the 1st inning, & it's 7-0 Ms. So far, anyway. ;) EDIT: Oakland got a run in the bottom of the 4th, so no shutout. ;) EDIT: Ha, their little guy Weeks hit a solo homer on us. 7-2 now. EDIT: And our young CF Saunders solo homered, 8-2 now. EDIT: Well, the Suzuki who plays for Oakland drove in a couple, 8-4 now. EDIT: That young whippersnapper Cespedes just hit a homer with 2 on base, 8-7 now. :( I don't like him gettin' the score that close, but I do like a good game. ;) EDIT: Woohoo, it was close, but we won, 8-7. :D

Last edited:
I seem to remember that we had a ML team here in Pittsburgh a long time ago.

I seem to remember that we had a ML team here in Pittsburgh a long time ago.

Yep, I grew up in PA, & watched the Pirates a lot. I suspect that's how I got so "excitable" about the game, there are some fairly rabid fans back there. :D Last night, I noticed our new young short stop is named Kawasaki. It kinda fits right in with (Ichiro) Suzuki, but I feel like what we really needed, is a Honda. :D ;) No disrespect implied or intended to our Japanese-American members & friends, I love those guys, but the motor-sickle thing just can't be ignored. ;)

That beatdown Detroit gave Boston today was something else.

And the Yankees are winless. Time to wake somebody up here.

Detroit sweeps Boston in the opening series, including a 10-0 second game.

It's going to be an interesting season.

Back
Top Bottom