Major League Baseball.

Win, lose, or draw, there's a certain percentage of the population that WILL be arseholes. Whatever excuse is convenient, is good enough. :scratch2: It can't be very good for their karma. :no: ;)

sad part is we allow the gene pool to be passed on.

Bryce Harper wins NL Rookie of the Year and Davey Johnson wins NL Manager of the Year. Well did, boys.

Indeed. I hate to see Bruce Bochy left out of this one, though. They did run the table, after all. Seems reverse logic was applied in the AL Coach of the Year deal, the Oakland coach beat out Buck Showalter, presumably because they advanced further into the playoffs.

Mike Trout was a no brainer for ROTY in the AL, but, he was a no brainer as the best center fielder, too, and didn't get that award.

He had a few rough outings. He was also nearly as dominant for major parts of the season as he was last year. I don't mind seeing Price win it. 20 wins is hard to ignore, especially in that division.

He had a few rough outings. He was also nearly as dominant for major parts of the season as he was last year. I don't mind seeing Price win it. 20 wins is hard to ignore, especially in that division.

Price is an amazing pitcher, one that every team in baseball covets (including my Yankees, who he owns), but he wasn't the knockout puncher that Verlander was again this year. If you didn't touch up Verlander for 3 or 4 runs in the first inning this year, he almost always turned out the lights on you.

Yeah, that's pretty well the only chance you've got against him. I would have liked to see JV win but Price was worthy and had a great year. It's not like JV won't win 2-3 more before it's over. :) He's the best in the game and I don't see that changing for the next 5-6 years.

From what I read, a couple of votes were 'wasted' by rating some relief pitchers ahead of JV, thus removing place points that would have made the difference.

I'm surprised the voting was even that close. I haven't looked at stats, but, the games I saw in which Verlander pitched, if you didn't chase him to the showers before he broke a good sweat, he put you to sleep, and the further into the game he pitched, the harder he threw, and the more dominant he got. It was ridiculous.

That's his M.O. alright. Truly a freak of nature, he is.:yes:

Exactly. When I try to think of pitchers during my lifetime that could dominate like Verlander has in recent years, names like Juan Marichal, Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson etc. come to mind. I don't know why he doesn't, but, I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. He's a monster.

Josh Hamilton signs with Angels

Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton. Three cleanup hitters in the top four on their lineup card. This will be a tough row to hoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom