Man vs. Beast: CA-2010 restoration project

I seem to remember you asked a question about where to find a relay, I responded to that, but now both messages seem to have disapeared completely. That's odd :idea:

I seem to remember you asked a question about where to find a relay, I responded to that, but now both messages seem to have disapeared completely. That's odd :idea:
A lot of posts disappeared after the database issue .I only lost about 20 posts this time.

whgy would relays actuate in regular intervals in class AB but not in class A?

yes. i gotta apologize, im being very impatient with this and definitely did not mean to be rude. i probably should box it up until christmas break as my fall classes are about to start and i have spent every waking hour in the last week on this and i just cant keep it up. i am planning on going over every wiring and every solder joing again today and tomorrow, and if i not getting anywhere then the responsible thing will be to just box it up and get on with work as my wife is also losing patience with the mess and the fact that i am not doing anything but work on this as soon as i get home from work.

Last edited:
We got in excess of 4 " of rain today and its still raining. I'm vacuuming up water in my basement...Again....:mad:

That sucks Dave, I was watching the NOAA radar at work and saw all the pretty colors over central Iowa. I hate it when the basement turns into a pool.

I think were done raining for a while now.

Last edited:
sorryto hear that man. im dreading that happening in my basement as it is full of stuff.

on the power supply board 2SA814Y and C1624Y measure as resistors. what is the suitable replacement?

these are TR414 and TR415

Last edited:
I already have these:
FQP3P20
IRF9530PBF
FPQ3N30
IRF530
TIP42
KSA1220AYS
TIP41
KSC2383YTA
KSA1015YTA
KSA1013YTA

in the power supply board D401 is actually one diode but the schematic shows 4 diodes.it is a special kind of component?

Last edited:
in the power supply board D401 is actually one diode but the schematic shows 4 diodes.it is a special kind of component?
Bridged rectifier

wog.jpg

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...=sGAEpiMZZMtQ8nqTKtFS/MRt2/0z7Bct5ZTiOg0ZuYw=

Last edited:
thanks Dave, i decided on on semi MJE5035G tr replace those transistors. anything else ya'll anticipate i will need or is good to replace let me know as im placing my 9th order. hopeflully 9th time is the charm

Sorry I have been out of whack the last week and half adjusting to working a midnight shift.

Trying to catch up on what has been going on.

For small trimming a dremel tool with a number of bits comes in handy. The small cutoff wheels or grinding stones work well for trimming. Sometimes a carbide cutter. Takes some practice to have finesse. Then again some people finesse may not be their thing.

Back
Top Bottom