Manley Stingray - Getting the best out of it.

One of each, I believe. What are you thinking?

If you are looking for energy on the high end PLUS great bass response, consider Alpha Core Goertz, the other "flat" cable but different than Nordost.
I switched down in price significantly from MIT which had amazing mid timbre but with my system the Goertz has better overall response.

Likely not. I do miss that clarity. There does seem to be a little bit of mud introduced, and little loss in some of the dynamics. My next step might be interconnects, and see what happens there. I have a pair of Grovers, plus a variety of silver cables. I'd like to try a power cable or two also. Of course, an octet of NOS Mullard EL84's might not hurt either. :)

Ernie, any clue how that Yamamoto IC is supposed to sound? Bright? Lean? Warm?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts when you try the silver with the Reference 3A.

No experience with Goertz, but Mike has the idea. Just as copper cables are not all the same, so to with hybrid or solid Ag. It seems like you're headed in the right direction with hybrids. If you've got access to a couple of different hybrid speaker cables, you can determine if you can optimize by changing those, or even listen to solid Ag. You might need to change ICs, though, to hybrid, I would think, then revisit the speaker cables.

If you're going to look at Nordost, you can quickly get up to the price of a set of new outputs. Then again, they do play nicely with each other, through the signal path. Chord can be less particular about that, but their hybrids are pricey.

BTW, just checked the switches, and I realized I've been running triode all the time. Oops!

BTW, just checked the switches, and I realized I've been running triode all the time. Oops!

Please forgive a tube rube, but this might be good right? More power in the alternate mode, pentode? The Dulcet 3's imight appreciate a little more power.

Please forgive a tube rube, but this might be good right? More power in the alternate mode, pentode? The Dulcet 3's imight appreciate a little more power.

Yup, should be punchier and more dynamic in UL then in triode.

The Oops comes from the fact that I thought I was running UL all along.

Yup, should be punchier and more dynamic in UL then in triode.

Hmmm, seems you where saying it was pretty damn good in that regard...in triode (it appears). :)

Cool that you get to draw your own conclusions about that now. And as you know (and I think have heard in a system close by), I think triode can sound pretty damn punchy and dynamic, in addition to it's other strengths.

Hmmm, seems you where saying it was pretty damn good in that regard...in triode (it appears). :)

Cool that you get to draw your own conclusions about that now. And as you know (and I think have heard in a system close by), I think triode can sound pretty damn punchy and dynamic, in addition to it's other strengths.

Triode can sound very punchy and dynamic. Just thinking about how great that Phil Collins cd sounded. Wonder if I will hear much difference now.

It is cool to be able to easily switch mode like you can with it - it's going to be a fun piece to own.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom