1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz 1030/1060 P700 Board Replica

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by ton4eff, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Bert 1100

Bert 1100 Super Member

Wow ! Great work there ! What perseverance !

Please register to disable this ad.

2. txturbo

txturbo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Fantastic!

3. paultlaw

paultlaw Active Member

You need to sell these, truly outstanding dedication to get this done. Well done

4. jwjarch

jwjarch New Member

I'd buy one! Could you make them with a black mask, 2mm thick, 2oz copper with ENIG finish? ;)

5. restorer-john

restorer-john Addicted Member

The PCBs have been available several times on eBay. They are of truly excellent quality.

6. ton4eff

ton4eff Active Member

I'd try to recreate a 2270/2245 P750 amp board, but I need an example one. It's possible to do it only with the pdf from the SM and having the real physical dimensions of the board, but it's best to measure the original hole and slot sizes for example. So if somebody have an useless, burnt or broken one to send me, against a promise for a free brand new one after recreation... :bigok:
    Marantz 2270 P750.JPG

7. Bert 1100

Bert 1100 Super Member

That's a great offer !

8. paultlaw

paultlaw Active Member

Nice - If you remake any of the 1060 boards ill definitely buy one of those, i hope you get a result

9. Mike Sweeney

Mike Sweeney AK Subscriber Subscriber

. What do you need exactly? I have a board that I'm replacing because it's slightly scorched. I can easily strip it to bare board for a scan/picture.

10. ton4eff

ton4eff Active Member

I need a bare board itself. The reason is that during scan/picture the dimensions shifts more or less due to perspective etc... Also there is a possibility that there will be slots and holes with different diameter, that scan/picture couldn't catch... I want to try to recreate it as close to the original as possible. But for a start, the exact physical dimensions (width/hight) of the board would do the job too...

11. Mike Sweeney

When I get my "new to me" board from Bob, I'll strip down my singed 2245 P750 board and donate it to the cause assuming I can get in line for a couple of new ones. Or even my old one back. Ping me in a week to remind me.

12. Mike Sweeney

@ton4eff Send me a PM for where you want the bare board sent..
    IMG_6975.jpg IMG_6976.jpg

13. quadtech

quadtech Active Member

14. ton4eff

ton4eff Active Member

On the 1060's P700 board Multi-turn pots can be installed without modification. I didn't change anything on the board for this purpose... As for the 2245/70 P750 board, I'll open a new thread soon here in AK, maybe some modifications can be suggested...

Mike Sweeney likes this.