Marantz 1030 Very Sweet Rebuild!

These are not on the Power Supply Board.
There are 2 across the AC outlets, and 2 at rectifier to ground.

Hope this helps, never replaced these on any unit.

Mike Hi and welcome to AK!
According to the SM, only C006, C005 and C010 are oil caps on the power supply board. I believe these are usually OK to leave alone as they are very stable. If you go to the AK database you will find posts of the 2230 cap list and Service Manuals. If you run into issues or have questions with your unit, just start a new thread.
http://akdatabase.com/AKview/
View attachment 1060936
Yeah.. I've been catching up on the 1030 and the oil caps are the only thing I have not yet seen anyone replace. Hopefully Murphy will leave me alone :) Thanks!

Pat, I'd be interested in your listening impressions on this 1030 and if you've changed anything since posting. I'm getting ready to rework mine and aim to use the same components.

Thanks

Pat, I'd be interested in your listening impressions on this 1030 and if you've changed anything since posting. I'm getting ready to rework mine and aim to use the same components.

Thanks

If I were doing it today, I would use a Nichicon KG in place of the KS on the power supply board.
On the amp board the 2 larger outer caps I think they are Elna Cerafine, I would use Nichicon KW.

Hope this helps!

Pat

Noted, though in the photos it looks like the two supply caps on the amp board are already Nichicon KZ or KW.

Thanks again, I appreciate your input.

Back
Top Bottom