marantz 1060 find.

Yeah, I never heard that either!

@Dearslayer: Great purchase, these are real sweeties and so easy to work on outside of the large can caps making it hard to get the amp apart.

I've sat on the fence so many times when I've come accross these 1060's for sale always thinking do I really need to spend $400-500 on another unit but I've also kicked myself when they get away. Lately I've convinced myself that if I wait long enough and be patience that one will come along and it will be the right deal. Just like my last purchase of the 140/ 3200/ and 112 this one proved that there are good deals to be had but you just have to be in the right place at the right time. I cleaned the unit up last night after work and it came up really nice with only a couple minor blemishes. Can't wait to get to it. Might be awhile due to multiple projects on the go half finished but if the way it sounds already, is an indication then I'm really looking forward to the restore and will certainly ask for expert advise when the time comes. You all haven't failed me yet.

GT.

I managed to snag a 1060 just before the hurricane hit here and it's a beauty. Original owner bought it after he got home from Vietnam and it's completely original with the wood case. I couldn't be happier as it only needed minor DeOxit work and some cabinet wood renourishment to look perfect. I'll be watching these 1060 rebuild threads closely and will dig into it once I get my long stalled 2245 rebuild done.

I managed to snag a 1060 just before the hurricane hit here and it's a beauty. Original owner bought it after he got home from Vietnam and it's completely original with the wood case. I couldn't be happier as it only needed minor DeOxit work and some cabinet wood renourishment to look perfect. I'll be watching these 1060 rebuild threads closely and will dig into it once I get my long stalled 2245 rebuild done.

Hope you did ok during that nasty hurricane
I'll follow your 2245 build then because my 2245 is my next project as well.

No structural damage but yard is still a mess. Lost power for 4 hot, miserable, muggy days until it came back on Thursday night. I didn't get much sleep for those 4 days as I sleep with a CPAP machine....but you need power for that. Spent most days looking for ice to keep the modest amount of food I had from spoiling but had to toss out a lot of stuff. No fun.....couldn't listen to my Marantzs for days! ;-)

Sorry to hear about the mess but at least your safe and sound. I used one of those machines for a bit a few years ago but couldn't get used to it. Still have it around here somewhere. Funny how we just take for granted about having power at the flip of a switch. A few years ago during a separation and house up for sale we had a very large ice storm days before Xmas that knocked out the power to most parts of the Southern province and it was damn cold. Not sure what we would have done without the wood fire place in the living room but the power was out Dec 23/24/25. Needless to say with all that was going on at the time it wasn't the best Xmas! Hahaha.

Where in Ontario are you located?

There was one exactly like that on kijiji here in Ottawa about six months back. I believe the seller was asking $280 without, and $335 with, the wood case.

Assuming it isn't the same unit, these two are the only ones I've ever seen with the half case.

Adam

I live in Cambridge. The guy selling it was in Brantford not far from me. I recognized his address because I purchased a small Pioneer SX 450 from him for $20.00 about 2 years ago.

Hey I missed your location when I saw the price you paid. That is a well bought 1060 complete with cabinet. Sweet deal there for sure.

Gary,
That sure would look purdy with a black faceplate!!:cool:
tJidC3z.jpg

Bob

Ummm, no....I meant "evil genius".....yeah, that's it.....;-)

Back
Top Bottom