Marantz 1060 on/off switch fit 2250B?

namahealani

Can a Marantz 1060 on/off switch be used as a replacement part on a Marantz 2250B? I don't have the 2250B in front of me, but someone has asked me that question. My guess is yes. Certainly from the outside they look the same. The 1060 switch only has 2 wires on it and it's a straightforward 2 position on/off push-button type. Would any other factors come into play? Anyone familiar with the 2250B switch off the top of yer 'ed?

Are you selling the 1060 switch? If so, I may be interested.

Will it work on a 2250B? Unsure. I do know the on/off switches used in the int. amps and receivers for Marantz are not all alike, so it may or may not work.

I bought a 1060 that had only one channel working. I cleaned it all up with deoxIt but still only one channel. I called everyone in the phonebook here in Hawaii but no one wanted to touch it. I took it all apart to sell for parts. Then I found audiokarma and I'll bet it could have been saved, but too late. Oh well, I only spent $50 so maybe I can recoup some of it. The seller refunded me because she stated it was working (refunded purchase price, not shipping). Anyone in need of parts? I still have quite a few left.

Thanks to Glenn (aka Echowars) I've got my answer:

There are a lot of different switches in the Marantz units. Besides different current ratings, there are two mounting styles for the pushbutton power switches...ones where the mounting screws are 18mm apart, and ones with the screws 20mm apart.
FWIW, Digikey sells new switches from E-Switch for both mounting styles. About $4 or so.

Thanks Glenn! What would we do without you?!!!

Back
Top Bottom