Marantz 1150 Questions

roblebo

My first post!

Picked up an 1150 at a yard sale this weekend and cleaned up nice.

Can someone tell me where I can get a replacement power indicator lamp? I don't have a service manual or part number.

Also does anyone know if this model needs jumpers on the pre-amp outs/ins? I does not have any.

Thanks!

Sorry - I know this is in the wrong forum but cannot figure out how to delete or move to marantz forum...

Good unit, I have an 1150D which is the same exact amplifier except it has a Dolby processing system hence the "D" after 1150.
My Service Manual calls for a "Pointor 5V30mA" for the power indicator lamp. If you care to know, the official Marantz part number for that lamp was "1N1005004."
Yes you will need a set of pre-amp out/main in jumpers however a short pair of RCA jumper cables will do the job just as well. Original Marantz jumpers are often for sale on Ebay.
Enjoy

Thanks Stereofan - I haven't had a chance to open it up since your reply, but will tonight.

Right now there are no jumpers, but it seems to work normally - maybe they are switched internally?

Hi roblebo,
I was always under the impression that the purpose of the jumpers was to separate the pre-amp from the power amp. I have used my 1150D as a pre-amp only in the past and it worked fine but I'm currently using it as an integrated amplifier so I'll remove the jumpers tomorrow to see if it still works. If it does, it just might be switched internally.

The older Japanese made Marantzes need the external bridge-plug. Newer units around 1974/5 have that internal automatic switch feature.
You can replace the original shielded Marantz bridge with a short RCA cable. But don't use the unshielded Pioneer - style 'U' shaped bridges, as they will increase noise on Marantz gear.
Helmut

Hi roblebo,
I did remove the jumpers on the 1150D today and the amplifier worked fine without them so I guess both you and ruesselschorf are correct on the internal automatic switch so I learned something too. Enjoy!

well my 1150 sounded great for about ten minutes, then loss of power/crackling in left channel...used pre outs and that was OK so probably main amp section. I guess i'll sell as I don't have time and too many others (2270 and Sansui's) that I like. Too bad!

Back
Top Bottom