Marantz 1150d

across

Anyone have much insight on a Marantz 1150d integrated amp, I have found all the technical specs but would love to know thoughts on its sound etc. Does it share the same hard to replace parts as the 3800? Thanks

I just looked at the service manual and although the 1150D looks like a 3800 preamp it doesn't use the same hard to find op-amp chip used in the 3600&3800 preamps. Your good to go. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, do you have any opinions on it's sound? Will also allow for another amp to be hooked up to it even though it's a integrated amplifier?

I've never heard one before myself. In the specs it shows a set of pre-out and main-in jumpers on the back though. You could run cables from the pre-out to another amp or use Y cables and run both the 1150's amp and another if you wish. I'm guessing it sounds like most the others from that time, pretty good. The 75 wpc amps in the 1150D look a lot like model 140 power amps, also 75wc. I own two 140 amps and like them a lot.

A superb amp.since a re cap, one of my all time favs.extremely underated.at lower volumes, silky smooth, warm fat, thick bass.not many ss amps bring that at lower volumes.

Im late to this party.i have an 1150d, bought , was serviced from one of the north west coast biggest vintage audio stores.i must say, its one of just a very few pieces, that ive kept.will never part with.very under rated.silky smooth, warm, fat bass, at sane levels.i paid , I thought too much at the time.not now.i have let go a big 8080db sansui(what a let down)pioneer sa 9500 mk.2(very good, but a hair bass shy)pioneer sx838, and soon to go 3 other marantz receivers.a parasound hca 800mk2(shoulda kept it), jbl urie 62-?something.and a few others over the last few months.ive surrounded that 1150d with great sources, ie, t.t's, cd players ect.get it re capped by a pro.you will not be sorry.fantastic build quality.under rated powerhouse.

Thanks for posting the photo of yours, very sweet!
I got this one in pieces, bent faceplate and no bottom panel. I replaced the broken shafts and put it back together, it sounds great and replaced my 1060 as my "outdoor" system. As much praise as the 1060 gets on AK, I really like the sound of the 1150, at least on my "planter" speakers, over the 1060. It did have a hiccup, I was listening to it one day and pure static came out over both speakers. I tried to troubleshoot it my self, but to no avail. I sent it to one of the techs here on AK, and it worked perfect for 2 weeks, I had him change the suspect transistors anyway and it has been going for about a week now, so cross my fingers. At the right price, the 1150 is a great amp and somewhat underappreciated because od the limited number out there. Good luck !! Rich
1150_outdoor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom