Marantz 1250 at garage sale

megawatt

Today was a good day...
I was going around to all the yard sales. I was just about to call it a day. I was out in the farmlands of Idaho, and was on my last stop before heading home. I did not expect much and I rummaged past the stacks of clothes and house hold goods he had in the drive. I stepped into the garage and there on a table was a stack of 70's and 80's gear. The old guy was cleaning out all his audio gear he had collected over the years. Not much to speak of except at the bottom of the stack was a Marantz 1250 integrated amp. I could not believe my eyes... $10 sticker on it. It was missing a couple of push button caps, and had several layers of dust and dirt on it. other then that, it was in good shape. He said it worked before he put it into storage.

I will pull the output transistors before starting it up, and do some voltage checks before giving it a real spin.

Last edited:
I gotta do it...:D

:worthless

This is a Marantz 1250
1250.jpg

...and this is a garage sale :D

garage_sale_in_action.jpg

ok here's the pictrues... really this time

Attachments

• mtz1250_1.jpg
    mtz1250_1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 772
  • mtz1250_2.jpg
    mtz1250_2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 527
  • mtz1250_3.jpg
    mtz1250_3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
That's going to clean up nice. One great find there, 125WPC of Marantz power. Almost TOTL as far as Marantz integrateds go. :drool:

wow very nice! Wish I could find some M gear for that price!! The bad news is it looks like the pushbutton shafts are broken off, the good news is you should be able to find new replacement push buttons from mouser, and try ebay for button caps, and maybe even full switches.

ya... the push buttons are broke, but I can fix that...

I will keep you posted on the cleanup of this amp.

Like Jailtime already said, that is going to clean up real nice. Sweet, sweet sweet! That's a lot of power. Congrats. :)

Excellent find, and welcome to the 1250 club! :thmbsp: t seems to be a fairly small club, as you don't see that model very often. I know a few other AKers have them, too, though, but I can't recall who.

I like mine quite a lot, even thought it doesn't get used all that often, having been sort of edged out by 3650+300dc separates. But I paid a bit more than ten bucks for mine. Guess I must have paid a LOT for just two buttons' worth of difference... :D

Again, congratulations! That is one beautiful amp that will fill even a huge room with very nice Marantz sound. :music: :yes:

KaBUNGA! Don'tcha just LOVE it when that happens? I was looking for a cassette deck for my radio astronomy lab and last week at a garage sale I came across a JVC cassette deck for $3. Dirty, but it powered up. Took it home ,cleaned it up, and it works perfectly with excellent tape speeds. Yours is a better deal, of course, but ain't it FUN?

Nice find -- definitely worth fixing up. I have one and it sees a lot of use. Lots of power, great sound. :yes:

Enjoy. :D

yes it is fun. These types of deals make for a happy day that you always remember. Certain things stick with you and bring joy to your heart, Like when your children are born, your wedding day, and when you find a great deal on vintage audio.

yes it is fun. These types of deals make for a happy day that you always remember. Certain things stick with you and bring joy to your heart, Like when your children are born, your wedding day, and when you find a great deal on vintage audio.

I'd use that as my signature (with credit given, of course!), but it exceeds the length limits. :D

Back
Top Bottom