1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz 150 High Voltage cover

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Beamer302, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Beamer302

Beamer302 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am working on a Marantz 150 tuner. Scope not lighting up but have found a resistor (R926 ) open and some capacitors swollen (C909,C910) Someone has been in here before as I noticed that my unit does not have a High Voltage Cover plate for the 900 board. Is this cover plate metal or a non conductive material. I will make one myself.

2. bryans12v

bryans12v Marantz Junkie Subscriber

Not sure there is a cover where you think there should be. Here's an image of an untouched 150. Marantz_150_Inside_Bottom.jpg

3. Beamer302

It shows up as (part Number 29101200 ) figure #1819 in the exploded mechanical drawing of the unit in the service manual. Page 32 "Insulated High Voltage Cover" Your picture in the upper right is where it would go. There are 3 metal hold offs on the P900 board. Maybe Marantz just left them off after a while or people forgot to mount them back on before putting on the bottom cover . Thanks for the picture .

4. Fhamre

Fhamre Super Member

Here is the bottom of the 150 I had.
    1.JPG

5. Beamer302

So it does exist ! What is it made of ? In the picture it looks like a type of cardboard .

6. Fhamre

Fhamre Super Member

Yes, it pretty much looked like a piece of stiff boxboard. A little thicker than most of the boxboard type of insulation I have come across in vintage audio applications.
    Shouldn't be hard to replicate!

7. Beamer302

Thanks for the info . Here are some pics of my naked P900 board with some new parts installed FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Steven Tate likes this.